FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [FARE GONE] DL: SFO-ATL/JFK-NRT-SIN $1,232.30 ai RT (25,318 mi; 4.9 cpm) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1427486-fare-gone-dl-sfo-atl-jfk-nrt-sin-1-232-30-ai-rt-25-318-mi-4-9-cpm.html)

xolinlevh Jan 12, 2018 8:04 am

Originally Posted by angra (Post 29259799)
The big wins for MQD appear to be discount business fares on partners that earn @ 40% of miles flown. Aeromexico and China Eastern appear to be frequent wins. Also, occasionally Europe <-> South America on KLM/AF.

yea i missed out on those great ~$600 biz fares a few weeks back, i need to keep my eye out for those again.

Csfing1 Jan 14, 2018 8:12 pm

MR or MQD Start planning now and looking for fares

it certainly looks like MQD is the realistic way to go for DM as $250,000 AX is not realistic for most readers so will look for runs on MU or whatever works. Since most of work is in Asia I will concentrate on MU. If you haven’t got otter your flu shots please do so as the epidemic is bad and flying exposes you to many microbes and some better avoided.
Happy Travels and keep posting your questions and comments.

Zorak Jan 15, 2018 9:03 am

Depending on your time constraints don't rule out creative positioning possibilities on AF -- there was a pretty good J deal from YVR-CDG-HKG I think, although there was a long layover involved.

Still on my way back (currently in HNL) from the 2018 FlyerTalk SIN DO -- this year I did short/moderate hikes around Chinese Garden/Japanese Garden, Mt. Faber Park, Macritchie Reservoir treetop walk, and Gardens by the Bay. GbtB is interesting I guess, but I think the Botanical Gardens are better (especially the special orchid section which is well worth the admission fee).

mtu_flyer Jan 15, 2018 11:29 am

If you achieve Diamond via mileage runs (not 25K waiver), do MQMs above 125K rollover to the following year? If so, is there a limit on how many?

Zorak Jan 15, 2018 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by mtu_flyer (Post 29295783)
If you achieve Diamond via mileage runs (not 25K waiver), do MQMs above 125K rollover to the following year? If so, is there a limit on how many?

Rollover is rollover, it doesn't matter how you achieve Medallion status*, at least under current rules. There are people who post in the DL forum with ~500k MQM rollover so even if there is a limit, it's unlikely to matter to most people :)

EDIT: *above your earned tier, I mean (ie there's caveats if you achieved status via a match/challenge or had it gifted)

angra Jan 15, 2018 1:05 pm

mtu_flyer Jan 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 29296207)
Rollover is rollover, it doesn't matter how you achieve Medallion status*, at least under current rules. There are people who post in the DL forum with ~500k MQM rollover so even if there is a limit, it's unlikely to matter to most people :)

EDIT: *above your earned tier, I mean (ie there's caveats if you achieved status via a match/challenge or had it gifted)

Answers my question, thanks!

Pat89339 Jan 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Since this fare is no longer around and hasn’t been for years, I am moving it to the discussion Subforum. This thread appears to have turned into a DL Lounge thread and if it continues as such, it will be closed. Lounge threads belong in the Airline forum, not the Mileage Run Forum.

Apparently, a reminder is necessary for Rule 18:
18. Discussion Of Moderator Actions

Moderators value your private views and feedback related to their actions and duties. You may submit appropriate feedback to moderators by private message or e-mail. Do not post comments about moderator decisions or actions, or about the work of moderators, unless a moderator has invited members to post feedback in a particular thread.Any concerns about the actions of a moderator should be directed exclusively and privately to the [email protected].

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum