Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

UA Gold with $1400 in flight credit - Seeking MR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold

Based @ IAD. Have time right now, over the next couple of months. I really do not like seeing all these zeros in my account (as of 1/1/13), and don't have any planned travel until spring.

Any MR advice on United with that type of credit?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:52 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by 100% Green
Based @ IAD. Have time right now, over the next couple of months. I really do not like seeing all these zeros in my account (as of 1/1/13), and don't have any planned travel until spring.

Head over to the Mileage Runs discussion group. You'll get lots of help there! And meet lots of strange people that think it's fun to spend 2.5 days on a plane and never leave an airport. But in a nutshell, $1400 will easily net you 17-20k miles. Is your credit in a single chunk? If not, you can probably find a series of domestic itins that will be a better value.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

I guess that answers my second question. Credits are in two somes for the same. One some may be coming in the form of a voucher instead of acredit to the the physical health of the persons ability to fly. I have a note from docoto as requested by United.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:25 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
see if you can hook up with the $450ish nyc-hnl rt.....10k+ mi from ewr/lga/jfk...

you have credit for 2 trips or credit for 2 people from 1 trip?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:28 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
some iad runs in the mr deals forum....have you looked there?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:34 am

A little clarification, please. It seems you have two $700 certificates, correct? Are you looking to eat up as much of the MR fare as possible, or just reduce a higher fare for more miles?

Example, would you prefer to apply these credits to $800 tickets to Europe for ~8K miles, or to $1,300 tickets to SIN for ~20K miles?

Also, do you need to eat up the entire amount of the credits on one ticket, or can you split it up over multiple tickets?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

I can split up, just would like to use the time i have over the next couple of months with no travel to earn some early mileage. The credits are one $700 flight credit from cancelled flight and another $700 in travel vouchers. TY for advice on HNL trip, i'll have to look into that. SIN sounds nice as well. Is that on United or partner airline? TIA for help.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 2:17 pm

SIN sounds nice as well. Is that on United or partner airline?
All on UA. You can look up sample itineraries using ITA or the flexible dates option on united.com to get a feel for what's possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.