Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] JJ/UA: JFK-GRU-EZE, <$400 rt, 3.2CPM (earn 100% on UA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] JJ/UA: JFK-GRU-EZE, <$400 rt, 3.2CPM (earn 100% on UA)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:22 am

Im still seeing 595 from SFO to EZE through ORD and GRU in case anyone is still looking.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum. Hyatt Diamond
from what site? UA?
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:57 am

Programs: UA 1MM, SPG, IHG, HHonors
And dates?

I'd love to hit up EZE in March.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:59 am
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP, DL PLT, UA 1P, SPG Gold
The deal was up few hours ago but seems to be dead as of now
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:36 am

Talking

Originally Posted by fedechat
Hi, can you share your dates? I can not see/find it, thanks
Leave march 12 and return march 16. I booked at midnight Texas time last night and it jumped to $1200 when I checked this am. Anyone know if I have to show proof of paying Christina tax before boarding flight in MIA? I'm planning to jump ship in GIG and throw away the rest of ticket. Using miles to come home from GIG. Would appreciate any advice.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by uthornsgo
Leave march 12 and return march 16. I booked at midnight Texas time last night and it jumped to $1200 when I checked this am. Anyone know if I have to show proof of paying Christina tax before boarding flight in MIA? I'm planning to jump ship in GIG and throw away the rest of ticket. Using miles to come home from GIG. Would appreciate any advice.
You pay Argentina/Chile reciprocity fees upon arriving in those countries. If you hidden city, you avoid the fee.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by hfs_flyer
And dates?

I'd love to hit up EZE in March.
OTa April 17-27 so kinda long. its back up to 668 which is still pretty good with rounting sfo-ord/iad-gru/gig-eze and back eze-gru-lim-sfo OR eze-gru-ord-sfo (for $7 more) unfortunately there are 5 and 13 hour stops on the way back going through GRU and LIM

Last edited by citsfo; Nov 26, 2012 at 11:42 am Reason: added in second routing on the way back
Old Nov 26, 2012, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
13 hr LIM stopover isn't bad, just hire a taxi and hang out in Miraflores. Eat some ceviche.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL SM, UA
Originally Posted by amolkold
13 hr LIM stopover isn't bad, just hire a taxi and hang out in Miraflores. Eat some ceviche.
Absolutely! Just had ceviche (and grilled octopus) at El Pez Amigo in Miraflores on Friday. Wonderful! Owner spent time with us at times throughout the meal.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by amolkold
You pay Argentina/Chile reciprocity fees upon arriving in those countries. If you hidden city, you avoid the fee.
Outdated information. Argentinian reciprocity fee has to be paid before arrival with credit card! Check Argentina forum for more information!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 6:41 pm

I didn't know UA matched...what a bummer!
Old Nov 26, 2012, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Missing LAN-coded leg on UA.com

Seems like my TAM operated, LAN-coded GRU-EZE flight was dropped off from UA's website. Haven't checked one travel yet. Anyone else have a LAN code dropped off from their itinerary?

EDITED: False alarm. Onetravel site still shows the leg. Oddly enough, it was there on ua.com but it's not there today.

Last edited by nov11; Nov 27, 2012 at 4:08 am
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:32 am

Question How can I see reservation on United?

I entered my UA ff in the reservation and I can see that is in TAMs website. How can I see my reservation on UAs website? TAM Reservation code doesn't pull it.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Originally Posted by eloraculo
I entered my UA ff in the reservation and I can see that is in TAMs website. How can I see my reservation on UAs website? TAM Reservation code doesn't pull it.
If you booked thru OneTravel, it only shows the TAM code. However on my Priceline reservation, it shows both TAM and UA codes. For our OneTravel reservation, after I entered our UA FF#s on the actual TAM website, then our reservation posted immediately on UA and we adjusted our seats to E+. On the TAM website, click Change Passengers, then on the next page you can add your FF# and select other options.

Thanks OP for the wonderful deal to South America!

Last edited by JetSetDave; Nov 27, 2012 at 6:06 am Reason: added TAM website tip
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:57 pm
NeB

WAS (all airports) to EZE or AEP

Anyone seen a good fare to BA in late Jan or Feb?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.