Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE: YQ increased] UA: ATL-BAH (Manama City, Bahrain) $569ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE: YQ increased] UA: ATL-BAH (Manama City, Bahrain) $569ai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum with 2.5MM. Current AA EXP
Originally Posted by CDKing
If there has been two different flight numbers and one didn't get 500 minimums, the distance IAD-KWI-BAH is exactly the same as IAD-BAH. Since its 1 flight number, even if you considered 500 minimums you're only losing 240 miles each way due to same flight number.
The pmUA gave IAD-BAH direct miles which caused you to be bit shortchanged because only one flight number. Since integration, though, I've received IAD-KWI miles, plus 500 more for KWI-BAH--even though it's the same flight number. That's the way it's stated in the new rules on the UA website.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold
I'd be interested but this fare seems to be gone already!

Originally Posted by krpjr
If anyone wants to do this over Veterans day weekend, I'm in. I know none of my friends would dare!

I'll get a oneway to ATL but hop off in IAD on the return.

Sucks that I have to go to ATL,which is backtracking, only to have a 8hour "layover" back at home. LOL

I suppose whoever comes we could find a way to kill time as I'll have my car at the airport.

Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by linuxchick
You snooze you lose
Old Oct 11, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold, AirBerlin Gold, Starwood Gold, Avis Preferred, CBP Global Entry
It's funny, I can check this forum daily (even hourly) and nothing's new. Then before you know it, tons of deals that are gone within the hour.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 1:21 pm

I almost went with this knowing the 24 hour cancellation rule

Originally Posted by usa18dca
You snooze you lose
but I did that a few times recently and UA hasn't refunded me within 10 days. Anyone know how long they usually take to refund? I didn't want another charge sitting on my cc.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by linuxchick
The fare is still there. Its just YQ has been adjusted by about $200+.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA
Smile

Originally Posted by rankourabu
The fare is still there. Its just YQ has been adjusted by about $200+.
Which for the majority of us means it is now dead. Unless if course you would be willing to message me why u am incorrect.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by meister918
Which for the majority of us means it is now dead. Unless if course you would be willing to message me why u am incorrect.
The identical LH and AC fares are still there
Old Oct 11, 2012, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Not the best deal but i can get it to 4.5CPM out of BOS if i route BOS-IAH-IAD but don't like the 1hr 15 min connect in IAD fro IAD-KWI-BAH
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Shareholder
As bad as Saudi Arabia across the causeway. Doesn't sound very tourist friendly. Guess that's why UA has to discount these fares like this.
I live in Saudi Arabia and go into Bahrain at least 4-5 times a month. The causeway is bad because of the SAUDI immigration and customs. The Bahrain side is always easier and quicker. Bahrain is tourist friendly as many have stated. Not Dubai by any means but a very poor mans Dubai.

Originally Posted by stockmanjr
I'm not sure how cheap it is to fly as someone told me they paid almost US$200 for a return ticket BAH-DXB.
You can get a flight for as low as 125 bucks on Gulf Air, or go flydubai. but usually you can expect around 175-200.

Originally Posted by glasnost7
I've taken this flight what seems like several thousand times and I can't ever remember getting the 500-mile minimum, just the actual distance from KWI to BAH.
Same, not sure what others are doing, but I did get the 500 min but that was almost 2 years ago I believe.

Originally Posted by Duke777
Thanks for the find. Fairly easy to do from DC. I found a one-way flight to ATL with a turn on the same CRJ700 for $78. Not sure how interesting Bahrain is for 48 hours though.
I would try it out. Bahrain has some malls, some pretty nice restaurants. You can hit the Ritz Carlton and Trader Ric's which is the restaurant there. You can go to the water park, even do F1 racing at the race track. They don't have as much as Dubai obviously but you can find things to do for sure.

Originally Posted by bh2
hi,

Did someone post that you cannot do this on an immediate turn? Arrival is 8:15 pm and same day departure is 10:15pm. Is this not enough time, is there a problem getting through customs, etc and back on the plane, or does UA prevent it?

Thanks,
bh2
I have never done a MR to Bah as I live in KSA right next store, but there is a transit security area and a UA transfer counter right past it. I don't know if you need to clear immigration. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't.

Originally Posted by MillionMilerMan
The pmUA gave IAD-BAH direct miles which caused you to be bit shortchanged because only one flight number. Since integration, though, I've received IAD-KWI miles, plus 500 more for KWI-BAH--even though it's the same flight number. That's the way it's stated in the new rules on the UA website.
Well then something is happening different for me and my friends. I have taken this flight 4 RT's since the merger and each time I am NOT given the kwi-bah leg for 500 mile min. It is bah-iad and iad-bah there is no bah-kwi-iad and vice versa. If you price out the flight I haven't even gotten the option for my last 2 purchases of a different option to show separate segments. You get through mileage, without the 500 min.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:28 pm
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
MMM,

I used to live in Bahrain. If you go there that often and are a US citizen, you might want to consider going downtown and getting the multiple-entry visa from immigration. About 5 years ago it cost 5 USD and was valid for 5 years.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 1:38 am

Originally Posted by cbellero
MMM,

I used to live in Bahrain. If you go there that often and are a US citizen, you might want to consider going downtown and getting the multiple-entry visa from immigration. About 5 years ago it cost 5 USD and was valid for 5 years.
It costs $50 right now for the 5Yr Multi-Visa while a Single Entry costs $30 so I can see why it would be beneficial in case. However it's just $13 for a 2 week Tourist Visa if you're in an eligible country.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 6:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by usa18dca
It costs $50 right now for the 5Yr Multi-Visa while a Single Entry costs $30 so I can see why it would be beneficial in case. However it's just $13 for a 2 week Tourist Visa if you're in an eligible country.
UN representative sites are notoriously out-of-date when it comes to Visa info. The cost of the 5-year via is now $228 for US citizens, as per the Bahrain Embassy USA website.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
UN representative sites are notoriously out-of-date when it comes to Visa info. The cost of the 5-year via is now $228 for US citizens, as per the Bahrain Embassy USA website.
Why would you get an actual visa, if you can just pay BD5 on arrival?

There is an exchange booth before immigration, or you can pay in your currency (no change).

They dont have credit card machines for visas like Qatar does.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 7:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Why would you get an actual visa, if you can just pay BD5 on arrival?

There is an exchange booth before immigration, or you can pay in your currency (no change).

They dont have credit card machines for visas like Qatar does.
I'm not going for an actual visa, I'm going for the e-visa, as there have been reports of time-consuming hassle for those going the VOA route. The multi-entry visas were mentioned earlier, and I wanted to note that the cost for that is much higher than posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.