Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE: YQ increased] UA: ATL-BAH (Manama City, Bahrain) $569ai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE: YQ increased] UA: ATL-BAH (Manama City, Bahrain) $569ai

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2012, 7:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
I'd also note that it appears the PointBreak inventory for the IC Bahrain has been exhausted or pulled. As a cost-effective consolation, the Gulf Gate Hotel is available for $74 all-in via Agoda.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
I'd also note that it appears the PointBreak inventory for the IC Bahrain has been exhausted or pulled. As a cost-effective consolation, the Gulf Gate Hotel is available for $74 all-in via Agoda.
Glad I booked two nights then at the IC Bahrain. I will also be going the e-Visa route from a cost effective standpoint to save time at BAH Airport as it's 7BD.

By the way the e-Visa website said the 5yr Visa was 20BD = $53 not $228.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: kayaker
Originally Posted by MillionMilerMan
The pmUA gave IAD-BAH direct miles which caused you to be bit shortchanged because only one flight number. Since integration, though, I've received IAD-KWI miles, plus 500 more for KWI-BAH--even though it's the same flight number. That's the way it's stated in the new rules on the UA website.
(emphasis mine)

A little OT, but did I miss this change?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by usa18dca
Glad I booked two nights then at the IC Bahrain. I will also be going the e-Visa route from a cost effective standpoint to save time at BAH Airport as it's 7BD.

By the way the e-Visa website said the 5yr Visa was 20BD = $53 not $228.
The visa you're mentioning cannot be applied for in advance, or at the airport -- only once in-country.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Can someone please move this thread to the mileage run discussion forum...every time it pops back up to the top of the page, I get excited that the original fare has returned and then I realize (sadly), it's just about Visas
Old Oct 13, 2012, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Can someone please move this thread to the mileage run discussion forum...every time it pops back up to the top of the page, I get excited that the original fare has returned and then I realize (sadly), it's just about Visas
The original fare is still around but the YQ increased.

So it's now at $769 though. :-:
Old Oct 14, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, CX GR, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry
Originally Posted by usa18dca
The original fare is still around but the YQ increased.

So it's now at $769 though. :-:
Would the agent adjust the YQ if I wanted to upfare from T to W on the overwater portion?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 5:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by USFdonWill
Would the agent adjust the YQ if I wanted to upfare from T to W on the overwater portion?
Yes, an upfare is basically a recalculation of fares (at present day levels) with the change fee waived.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EP, DL Silver, Marriott LT Plat (PP), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, MLife Plat, IHG Plat
Smaller Markets Too

Thanks to all for this lead. The pricing even works for smaller markets near ATL. I just found a thanksgiving MR UA: HSV-BAH for close to the same CPM.

Thanks. ^
Old Oct 19, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: MP, AA, HH, MR
I know I should look this up on my own before asking, but I'm currently in Bahrain and the govt has a very strict internet policy here. So I've tried looking through the how-to/glossary/FAQ pages, but anytime it takes me to an external website I get the blocked access notice.

Is there a good place to figure out what all these codes mean that only use flyertalk and no external links? I can't seem to pull those up. I'm sure I likely missed out on this deal, but I at least want to know what all this means in case it comes up again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.