Wiki Posts
Search

1st timer here with MR ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
1st timer here with MR ?

Not sure exactly how this works, but am trying to get to AA exec plat this year. I have several trips I need to take or could take. Oct I need to go to PVD and usually fly into BOS but am open. SNA is home airport but can use any nearby including LAX, BUR, ONT, SAN, PSP and if LAS is a screaming deal, could get there to begin. Any ideas? My dates are flexible: Oct 22 + returning around Nov 1. Thanks for any suggestions.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by hkstryker
Not sure exactly how this works, but am trying to get to AA exec plat this year. I have several trips I need to take or could take. Oct I need to go to PVD and usually fly into BOS but am open. SNA is home airport but can use any nearby including LAX, BUR, ONT, SAN, PSP and if LAS is a screaming deal, could get there to begin. Any ideas? My dates are flexible: Oct 22 + returning around Nov 1. Thanks for any suggestions.
Welcome to FT; how many more miles you will need in order to reach EXEC PLAT? All you have is just 10 days starting from Oct 22+ to make it?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: PC Plat. Ambassador, DL PM
This question really belongs in the mileage run discussion forum, and I am sure the mods will move it.

As for your question, I'm sure people will be willing to help but you will probably need to tell them how many miles you need and the $$ you are willing to spend.

Good luck.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:09 am
Original Poster

thank you

Thank you,
I thought I posted in that department so I hope they do move it. Looks like into BOS is about $400. I can get under $300 by going in/out of more remote (PSP, SAN - BDL, HPN) airports but would probably eat up most of the savings in transportation/hotel costs. Ideally I would like to go out of SNA and in to BOS but add trip segments in between, and I don't know how to do that other than trial and error. I also am going to try to get to London beginning 11/12, and another trip into London around 12/20 returning from Italy on 12/31, but for now, I want to figure out max miles for this PVD/BOS trip. Again, any help/advise is appreciated.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lax2010
Welcome to FT; how many more miles you will need in order to reach EXEC PLAT? All you have is just 10 days starting from Oct 22+ to make it?
Hello,
I have through 12/31 to qualify, correct? I still need about 40,000 but need to go to Europe twice before the end of the year, PVD once, short trip to SFO, looking into a weekend in SJU, and a short trip to OKC looks like it may do it. If there is a way to do it without the SJU trip, by maximizing miles on the others, that would be best but that ticket is 7,459 miles and only $415 going through JFK. Can you tell me how to post directly in the MR section, or move this there?
Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 6:53 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
you are in the mr discussion sub forum, the right place....please post the # of mi you need from a mr & the dates you can do it/them & where you want to start & end...

how many eqm are in the bank including un flown booked tickets?

if you want help to max the mi on planned trips, post the ticket info for each one dates,flight #s,$...

edit to add....leave space between each trip, like i'm doing....i'm having trouble sorting it out....

&, welcome to ft....

Last edited by clacko; Oct 10, 2012 at 8:44 pm
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Second what Clacko said: Where do you stand currently? How many trips do you have planned by end of year (and what routings/limitations do you have on those)? With that info we can try to help with more elaborate routings and/or additional trips to ensure you get to EXP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.