Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] RGN First class comes back again!!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 19, 2013, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: fti
People, please edit/use the wiki so same questions are not always asked.

The current CTA decision on the Yangon deal is only for tickets canceled by SWISS Airlines for the seven merged complaints/companions and tickets canceled by Jet Airways for one complainant and companions
- It's not about other carriers because each carrier submits different tariffs.
- If you are not one of the complainants or their companions above who were mentioned in the respective cases, you need to submit a case yourself for hearing.
- There's currently one person who is on Iberia for CTA decision, one can either wait for results or submit a complaint to CTA.

Result of the current case for LX in brief is:
- CTA found 5(F) in the tariff used to be unclear for canceling tickets on erroneously quoted fares.
- 5(F) is unjust and unreasonable and must be revised or taken down by July 9, 2013 (or SWISS can appeal by then)
- SWISS did not use its tariff correctly to cancel the tickets.
- SWISS must compensate one complainant's First Class ticket and any related expenses by July 18, 2013 provided with evidence.
- SWISS must transport other complainants (and their companions) in the original price charged with same booking class and routing by June 18, 2014.

Result of the current case for 9W in brief is:
- Tariff on file had no clauses for "erroneous fares" and was updated subsequently, which means it is not relevant to this event
- Therefore, 9W is to reinstate the tickets with a 1-year validity for transport between the same points and the same booking class.

CTA official news can be read here for general overview of the case.

Actual CTA case review can be found here for reference should you wish to file a complaint.

If you have a similar case that's with SWISS, you need to file with CTA to get a result through informal process first before it gets to formal process. The entire procedure can take up to 3 months for each and the result may not be same cause it's case-by-base and the reviewer of the case can be different.

To file an informal complaint with CTA, see here. Click through all of the pages to get to the online form for the informal complaint. Or click here.

To file a formal complaint after informal complaint has been closed, see here. Continue on to the next page to see the address or email address for the formal complaint.

The July 17th and 18th responses from LX can be found here:
Other Letters:

Feel free to add dates, flights, etc., in order to plan DOs, etc.

Aug 4: SFO-ICN (UA893)
Jason8612

Aug 5: ICN-SFO (UA892)
Jason8612

Aug 7: SFO-ICN (UA893)
Jason8612

Aug 11: ICN-NRT-ORD (UA78, UA882)
Jason8612

Aug 14: BOS-IAD-NRT-ICN (UA285, UA803, UA79)
Deltspygt

Aug 19: ICN-NRT-IAD-BOS (UA78, UA804, UA352)
Deltspygt

Oct 1: UA433-UA893
JeredF +1

Oct 8: UA892-UA242
JeredF +1

Oct 9: BOS-SFO-ICN (UA433, UA893)
BigJC

Oct 13: ICN-NRT-ORD-BOS (UA78, UA882, UA744)
BigJC

Oct 21: BOS-SFO UA433 to SFO-ICN UA893
Sterndogg +1
flyerdude88 (SFO - ICN portion only)

Oct 23: ICN - SFO UA 892
flyerdude88

Oct 27: ICN-SFO UA892 to SFO-BOS UA286
Sterndogg +1

Nov 05: BOS-ORD UA521, ORD-NRT UA881
kokonutz, I012609, BingoSF +1

Nov 11: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-IAD UA727
kokonutz, I012609, BingoSF +1

Nov 26: BOS-SFO UA433, SFO-NRT UA837, NRT-ICN UA79
thepla

Nov 27: BOS-ORD-NRT-ICN (UA501, UA881, UA196)
BigJC+1

Nov 29: Planning 2 days in TPE, been to ICN
thepla

Dec 1: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-ORD UA698, ORD-BOS UA961
thepla

Dec 1: ICN-NRT-IAD-BOS (UA78, UA804, UA822)
BigJC+1

Dec 15: BOS-SFO UA433, SFO-ICN UA893
songzm

Dec 25: BOS-IAD UA285, IAD-NRT UA803, NRT-ICN UA79
Dinoscool3 +2

Dec 30: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-BOS UA444
songzm

Dec 31: ICN-SFO UA892, SFO-BOS UA770
Dinoscool3 +2

Jan 11: BOS-SFO UA1523, Jan 12: SFO-ICN UA893
margarita girl

Jan 12: BOS-SFO UA433, SFO-ICN UA893
Zebranz

14 Jan: BOS-SFO UA433 to SFO-ICN UA893
ORDOGG

19 Jan: ICN-SFO UA892 to SFO-ORD UA698 to ORD-BOS UA961
ORDOGG

Jan 22: ICN-SFO UA892 SFO-BOS UA500
margarita girl

Feb 5: ICN-SFO UA892 SFO-BOS UA242
Zebranz

CMB-DFW EY F

FARE IS GONE

FARE RULES (thanks to SQ421)
FRTLK Fare Rules (RT)
FOWLK Fare Rules (OW)

WHEN ARE YOU FLYING?
Feel free to add any additional cities you're leaving from!
Please slot yourselves in!!!

ex-CMB
Feb

Mar
8 - Darmajaya
12 - Thaidai
22 - Deadinabsentia

Apr
21 - SQ421, penegal, jozdemir
26 - tahsir21

May
28 - Upperdeck744
29 - bonsaisai (positioning flights SIN-CMB, DFW-ORD)

Jun
12 - lelee

Jul
7 - HansGolden +6
8 - arcticbull + 1
11 - bonsaisai's friend (positioning flights: SIN-CMB, DFW-MCI)
25 - Tycosiao
30 - bonsaisai's friend (positioning flights: MCI-DFW, CMB-SIN)

Aug
17 - DC777Fan
26 - Yi Yang
31 - dcas

Sep

Oct

Nov
8 - harryhv
29 - stephem+4

Dec
6 - roastpuff and (soon) Mrs. roastpuff , JFKEZE (UL Code-share)
7 - DWFI
10 - jlisi984 + dad (CMB-AUH-DFW)
21 - bonsaisai (positioning flights SIN-CMB, DFW-ORD)

ex-AUH
Jan

Feb

Mar

Apr
27 - RICHKLHS

May

Jun
29 - yerffej201

Jul
9 - HansGolden +6
27 - Tycosiao

Aug

Sep

Oct

Nov
30 - stephem+4 (to JFK)

Dec
7 - JFKEZE, DWFI [EY161 nonstop]
9 - roastpuff and (soon) Mrs. Roastpuff

ex-DFW
Jan

Feb

Mar
14 - Thaidai
15 - zainman +1

Apr
25 - SQ421, penegal, jozdemir

May

Jun

Jul

Aug
22 - arcticbull + 1

Sep
22 - bonsaisai (positioning flights ORD-DFW, CMB-SIN)

Oct

Nov
19 - harryhv->Paris

Dec
19 - Yi Yang, jona970318
24 - DWFI (EY160 nonstop)
26 - HansGolden +6 (CDG), LwoodY2K (AUH)
Print Wikipost

[PREM FARE GONE] RGN First class comes back again!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Plat, AS 75K
Originally Posted by whimike
Did the YVR fares on Round 3 have to touch YUL at all? Like ZRH-YUL-LAX-YVR?
No..
I was able to price Europe-JFK-YVR on LX/CX F for about $1200 or smth... didn't end up buying it though
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: US2, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FFlyerCDG
Paid $938 ai for RGN/TYO/FRA/ZRH/JFK/YUL/YVR and
$879 ai for RGN/KUL/SIN/LHR/CDG/JFK/YUL/YVR
Nice - that's less than I expected, and a fair bit more high booking class miles to boot.

Did anyone manage to route via the west coast of the US to YVR, or was the only workable routing YUL-YVR?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by vysean
Nice - that's less than I expected, and a fair bit more high booking class miles to boot.

Did anyone manage to route via the west coast of the US to YVR, or was the only workable routing YUL-YVR?
Here's what I found at one point in my searching process:

I think I remember routing TPAC as well, but can't be 100% sure. I'm on East Coast, so YVR research was just for a buddy.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:36 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by Keter
There were only 2 fares (OW and RT), FIFOW3 and FIFRT3. The reason you have first letter substituted by something (ie A, J etc) is absolutely technical. It is due a way Sabre displays YY (IATA) fares - the first letter is substituted by the primary booking class of the airline you have requested fares for.

So all fares have same rule, all are fully refundable regardless (as people mentioned) booking classes used for specific airlines (incl. economy W on UL).
Thanks for the explanation - that was driving me nuts!!
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
If anyone is on the IB ticketed itins you can select seats for the BA operated segment through the SQ mobile site. It must have taken as BA site shows my seat selection for both SQ and BA flights and vice versa. It appears the BA, SQ & IB websites all work with the same confirmation code.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by babypuwet
me too, and my status says partial filled as well with MH charge on my credit card but Sri Lankan airlines stock. When do you travel?
Good to know I'm not the only one with part fulfilled status. I don't travel until May.

Some people said here if there are any issues, the time to call TL is now (since deal is dead). On one call, they told me the SQ part didn't ticket, so whole thing is cancelled. (Although airlines site listed trip as confirmed and I had ticket number). On the second call, TL told me all is good to go. But the TL automated phone system still tells me there is an problem with my trip if I call in and enter my TL number.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 4:58 pm

As a new morning begins in Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, and Colombo, if any airline personnel are reading this thread, welcome! Before you take any actions with these tickets, please understand that the US Department of Transportation, in April 2012, implemented new rules that make canceling a ticket due to a mistake fare illegal. Please see the last page of this PDF for more information. Thank you, and have a great day.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:09 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
As a new morning begins in Tokyo, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, and Colombo, if any airline personnel are reading this thread, welcome! Before you take any actions with these tickets, please understand that the US Department of Transportation, in April 2012, implemented new rules that make canceling a ticket due to a mistake fare illegal. Please see the last page of this PDF for more information. Thank you, and have a great day.
By now, any airline with a business presence in the US must know they'd be insane to do that.

They can expect the following response.

Pax illegally denied boarding or COS accommodation, will buy walk-up one-way F on another airline, same origin/destination. $10,000+. F is the class of service purchased for this itin therfore to be substituted by F. Then file for reimbursement of out-of-pocket, damages and costs with SCC. Win big. Remember to purchase the new F ticket using a card with huge spend bonus
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by chocobunni
Good to know I'm not the only one with part fulfilled status. I don't travel until May.

Some people said here if there are any issues, the time to call TL is now (since deal is dead). On one call, they told me the SQ part didn't ticket, so whole thing is cancelled. (Although airlines site listed trip as confirmed and I had ticket number). On the second call, TL told me all is good to go. But the TL automated phone system still tells me there is an problem with my trip if I call in and enter my TL number.
Hmmm. I didn't like the first part too well. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:30 pm

Programs: I've gone underground!
Originally Posted by redtailshark
By now, any airline with a business presence in the US must know they'd be insane to do that.

They can expect the following response.

Pax illegally denied boarding or COS accommodation, will buy walk-up one-way F on another airline, same origin/destination. $10,000+. F is the class of service purchased for this itin therfore to be substituted by F. Then file for reimbursement of out-of-pocket, damages and costs with SCC. Win big. Remember to purchase the new F ticket using a card with huge spend bonus
Easier said than done. Generally you have to file where the defendant is registered as a corporation... meaning I don't think I could file in Atlanta and would incur travel charges, etc., for the case.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:37 pm
Moderator, All Nippon Airways and Japan

Programs: NH SFC (*G), JL JGP (OWE), AS MVP, WOH E, IHG SE
Originally Posted by lewende
How come you booked Y on MH? I though everybody got a J on MH.
Actually, I was in a rush and somehow managed to get Y on the KUL-SIN segment -- albeit on the SQ codeshare. I think it's a fair tradeoff -- 55 minutes in Y for an extra 3 hours in TPR :-D
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA EP, AS/EY/AV G
Originally Posted by works2r
is it weird that i can look up my locator on US for my FRA-CLT-PHL-YUL but not my CA portion of RGN-KMH-PEK (CA RGN-KMH, says MU KMH-PEK, but looks to be the CA flight but somehow it is being represented as MU) and PEK-FRA on LH, but as a CA codeshare?

I have an e-ticket number on TL, but can't seem to look up anything on amadeus, although on US Airways which had a different locator attached .. brought it right up with all of the segments but weirdly, with no times on the CA flights or the LH flight for that matter?

was trying to look up the fare basis for all of them on TL, but it keeps coming up as error on the web return when i click on the fare basis info
I got the exact same route & have the same experience - but read most routes also having trouble w/the RGN segment display - I'm just going to wait til 3 days before departure (I'll be in BKK), hit check-in & see what happens (lol). FWIW, I was able to add my USAir FF# thru their automated phone system (using 2nd locator).

Last edited by pathensley; Oct 1, 2012 at 7:35 pm
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by samplat
One potential option if you want to just get you money back: dispute the charges with the credit card company. Since they are not providing what you paid for and initiated the cancellation, then I think you have a case via the CC company.
Actually, Deltahater shouldn't dispute the charges with the credit card company now. It should be a last resort, being mindful of deadlines to raise a chargeback (3 months in some cases). If the charges are disputed and then something gets turned around, there's no payment, which gives more ammunition to xp.de to cancel the fare.

Deltahater, I know you're active in the FD community, so PM me if you need any help/assistance with the credit card chargeback side of things. I know a lot about this sort of stuff.

Sounds like it's DoT time!
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:56 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by armagebedar
Actually, I was in a rush and somehow managed to get Y on the KUL-SIN segment -- albeit on the SQ codeshare. I think it's a fair tradeoff -- 55 minutes in Y for an extra 3 hours in TPR :-D
I managed to get Y on RGN-KUL somehow, but glorious J on KUL-SIN wonder if it's eligible for op-up for *G members considering it's "full Y fare"?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by redtailshark
Don't be so sure about that. Winning a civil action case against an airline with a mistake F fare is not easy. I just lost one against LH in California. Having a DOT regulation in place does not ensure your success at Small Claims Court. Going out of pocket with 12k$ might be an expensive lesson.

If you are planning on having any benefit from the DOT regulation I recommend to file a complaint as soon as one hears from the OTA regarding a possible cancellation or modification of the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.