Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA/AA match DL: XXX-Asia (**last minute travel/very limited dates**)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] UA/AA match DL: XXX-Asia (**last minute travel/very limited dates**)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by skchin
BKK wasn't mentioned in previous thread.
Yes it is, in the original post (and beyond).

Maybe it was edited in but it has been there since yesterday.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Peter_Ng
Only if my boss will let me go again
When I started a new job, I told my boss that the trip had been planned and paid for before they hired me. I would take leave without pay.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
the only OK fare I can find from YEG is YEG-SFO-HKG-SFO-YEG on UA for $950... It's almost cheaper to do NYC-NRT-SIN and buy a ticket to NYC...

If YEG-Asia was in $700~ I would go
Old Sep 20, 2012, 3:50 pm
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/IMM76D) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Originally Posted by Travelomania
Originally Posted by Yaatri
I was thinking of going to Indonesia, but decided against it since the $10 visa has been scrapped except to places like Batam. I'll head to Malaysia, probably PlauTioman.
Hey !!! ^
I luckily don't need to have the visa and will spend some quality time with family in Bali
Toured all of Malaysia just last year @:-)
Will you be taking a bus from SIN ?
A bus or train (if I go up north) from Johor Bahru.
I susprcted yoy had family or friends there too. Malaysia is a bit boring now since we have done it so many times. But for this trip it will be Malaysia again.
What are your dates? Mine are 26th and 3rd Oct. I had almost booked the 25th, but realised just in time that I will be tied up on the 25th.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 3:51 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Thanks to FT, I'll be in HK/Sumzum (sorry, Shenzhen) say on 26SEP and 02OCT. Anybody want to meet up (I don't drink/smoke, but am always up for a wander)? I'm quite familiar with both cities, so let me know what you're keen to do.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & BoardRoom

Hello to All,

I have silently followed the flyertalk website for months but this is my first post. Thanks to all of you, I use the ITA website regularly.

I can't figure out how to get these fares to come up on ITA or on the DELTA site.

I would like to get as many stops as possible from Chicago. ORD-NRT-ICN-BKK...do I use the "multi-city" tab on ITA?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I am sorry for my inexperience. My hands are trembling at these fares!! Thanks

Last edited by arcticflier; Sep 20, 2012 at 5:13 pm
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by arcticflier
Hello to All,

I have silently followed the flyertalk website for months but this is my first post. Thanks to all of you, I use the ITA website regularly.

I can't figure out how to get these fares to come up on ITA or on the DELTA site.

I would like to get as many stops as possible...do I use the "multi-city" tab on ITA?

I would like to stay for a month...is this fare only possible with short stays?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I am sorry for my inexperience. My hands are trembling at these fares!! Thanks

per OP terms are:

-FOR ROUND TRIP FARES.
-PERMITTED TUE/WED ON EACH TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
-OUTBOUND -PERMITTED 25SEP 12 THROUGH 26SEP 12 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.
INBOUND - PERMITTED 25SEP 12 THROUGH 26SEP 12 OR 02OCT 12 THROUGH 03OCT 12 OR 09OCT 12 THROUGH 10OCT 12 OR 16OCT 12 THROUGH 17OCT 12 OR 23OCT 12 THROUGH 24OCT 12 OR 30OCT 12 THROUGH 31OCT 12 OR 06NOV 12 THROUGH 07NOV 12 OR 13NOV 12 THROUGH 14NOV 12 OR 20NOV 12 THROUGH 21NOV 12 OR 27NOV 12 THROUGH 28NOV 12 OR ON 04DEC 12 OR ON 06DEC 12 ON THE OUTBOUND TRANSPACIFIC SECTOR.

where in Asia are you trying to fly to?
I believe that ticket have to be booked by 9/21 so you need to hurry.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: DL 2MM
Hello to All,

I would like to get as many stops as possible NRT-ICN-BKK...do I use the "multi-city" tab on ITA?

On ITA, search for fares on Sept 26-Oct 23/24. You should be able to find many options in the $660 area

Last edited by BigKenny; Sep 20, 2012 at 5:22 pm
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by dogloverjb
I just returned from this same trip yesterday morning. I used an RPU on the outbound and one for the return. For the outbound, it could be used for all the legs except HNL-GUM (need a GPU for that leg for some reason). Only the GUM-MNL and SFO-HNL legs cleared. EWR-SFO was a no-go. For the return, MNL-GUM cleared right away. It could not be used for GUM-HNL. We were waitlisted for HNL-EWR and that did not clear. That leg is a tough one to get. There were 3 seats left and the waitlist was over 12 people if I remember. We kept dropping down on the list.

To answer someone earlier, yes, it is still the rainy season. It was very hot and humid in Manila and it rained often. Even the islands (Boracay and Bohol) had rain and mostly cloudy skies.
I was just in MNL a week ago and it was not that bad.
Hot as hell, but not that much rain

My issue with using RPU on that flight is the legs you received I usually get for a comp upgrade. I used a RPU on this style flight 8 months ago and DID not get the HNL-EWR either.

My flight last week was comp upgraded:
SFO-HNL
and
MNL-GUM

is there any reason to use a RPU???
all the people on the waitlist for HNL-EWR, are they 1k? or paid upgrades? Where in line does a RPU put you on that list? That is the only leg I am concerned about. The rest are fairly short.

and a reason the GUM flight is never upgraded??? They offer the open first class seats to military personel. I used to wonder about that all the time. The lady at the desk said NO upgrades and there were lots of open seats.
But last trip I was behind a few military and the lady whispers to them, take these seats in the front. I have no issue with that and for what they did for our country and am more then happy they get those seats. But I think that is the reason there are no upgrades ever on those flights.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 5:41 pm

Programs: AS MVPG & BoardRoom
Still Trying....

Thanks to both responses.

Been using OP's guidelines.

Depart: 9/25-26.

Return: 11/13-14.

Have built ORD-DTW-ATL-NRT-BKK & reverse.

All my pricing on ITA is $1000.

What am I doing wrong?

I know I jumped in the deep end of the pool but I can swim with just a little help ;-)

Last edited by arcticflier; Sep 20, 2012 at 6:12 pm
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, SC, Avis PC, HH Gold, Hyatt DM, SPG Gold
I could only get this fare to work with a 10/2 or 10/03 return.

At least from my home airports of CHA/BNA/ATL.

I couldn't get the lower fares on any of the later dates either.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:36 pm

LAX-anywhere in Asia on Delta necessarily through NRT for this deal? Not seeing flights that route through any other airports besides NRT as some have posted.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:55 pm

Thanks to both responses.

Been using OP's guidelines.

Depart: 9/25-26.

Return: 11/13-14.

Have built ORD-DTW-ATL-NRT-BKK & reverse.

All my pricing on ITA is $1000.

What am I doing wrong?

I know I jumped in the deep end of the pool but I can swim with just a little help ;-)
Leave from MSN or MKE and save yourself $300ish or go to HKG or SIN to save even more $$$.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL GM
Came up with this last night, looked at some cheap hotels, but ultimately didn't pull the trigger.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Booked MSP-SEA-KIX-SEA-MSP next week, one day trip
This is around $1000 now right....I can't get it work for the life of me...Tried O/W and M/C ticketing too...Can you PM me details...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.