Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SDC/Routing Rules for DL MR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2012, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
SDC/Routing Rules for DL MR

I posted this in the DL forum and have not had any responses so I thought I would try here because this is actually a question for an upcomming MR.

I have tried searching FT and am not sure if I am looking in the right place.

I have a multi-segment booking on one itinerary for a MR. I am trying to pre-plan potential SDC routings. If I am reading the site correct it has broken my multi-city booking into three segments.

I booked:
PHX/LAX/JFK/SJU/JFK/SLC/PHX
Delta.com and my receipt show:
PHX/LAX/JFK
JFK/SJU
SJU/JFK/SLC/PHX

Fare Rules:?:
Again...If I am looking in the correct place my emial receipt shows the following:

Fare Details

PHX DL X/LAX DL NYC S10.00 DL SJU164.00UA14A0NJ DL X/NYC DL X/SLC DL PHX119.50TE21A0SJ USD293.50END XF PHX4.5LAX4.5JFK4.5SLC4.5

My questions are:
Are these in fact my fare rules? If not, where should I be looking?
Can I change routing or am I limited to this? - for example: on the PHX/LAX/JFK segment...can I change to PHX/LAX/ATL/JFK? And on the JFK/SJU Segment can I route: JFK/ATL/SJU?

Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by IflyfromPHX
I posted this in the DL forum and have not had any responses so I thought I would try here because this is actually a question for an upcomming MR.

I have tried searching FT and am not sure if I am looking in the right place.
Welcome to FT! Cross-posting is generally not encouraged but it's okay as I'm sure you didn't know about that bit of fine print. If you haven't browsed though the posting guidelines it can be found under the "Help" tab.

I have a multi-segment booking on one itinerary for a MR. I am trying to pre-plan potential SDC routings. If I am reading the site correct it has broken my multi-city booking into three segments.

I booked:
PHX/LAX/JFK/SJU/JFK/SLC/PHX
Delta.com and my receipt show:
PHX/LAX/JFK
JFK/SJU
SJU/JFK/SLC/PHX

Fare Rules:?:
Again...If I am looking in the correct place my emial receipt shows the following:

Fare Details

PHX DL X/LAX DL NYC S10.00 DL SJU164.00UA14A0NJ DL X/NYC DL X/SLC DL PHX119.50TE21A0SJ USD293.50END XF PHX4.5LAX4.5JFK4.5SLC4.5

My questions are:
Are these in fact my fare rules? If not, where should I be looking?
Can I change routing or am I limited to this? - for example: on the PHX/LAX/JFK segment...can I change to PHX/LAX/ATL/JFK? And on the JFK/SJU Segment can I route: JFK/ATL/SJU?

Thanks in advance.
No, that line of code is what's known as your fare construction and it's industry shorthand to show your routing with connections (X/LAX) your fare basis, TE21A0SJ for example, and PFC (Passenger Facility Charges) which are the 4.50 at each airport to pay for things like security, improvements, etc.

There should be a a link or icon on your email or online at your DL reservation that you can click to get both a simplified set of fare rules and a longer more detailed version. I clicked through on DL.com and though it's not the same fare basis it's close and so will use it as an example:

Code:

Fare Code - UA14A0UA 
RESERVATIONS/TICKETING RES REQ 14 DAYS BEFORE DEPART

TKTG WITHIN 1 DAY AFTER RESERVATIONS

OR AT LEAST 14 DAYS BEFORE DEPART
WHICHEVER IS EARLIER

WAITLISTING NOT PERMITTED ALL SEGMENTS

FURTHER RESTR APPLY SEE TEXT RULE

MINIMUM STAY NO RESTRICTION

MAXIMUM STAY NO RESTRICTION

SEASONS NO RESTRICTION

BLACKOUT DATES NO RESTRICTION

ELIGIBILITY NO RESTRICTION

TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS NO RESTRICTION

DAY/TIME NO RESTRICTION

STOPOVERS NOT PERMITTED

SURCHARGES ATP RULES TEXT INCOMPLETE

FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS FOR TRAVEL ON/BEFORE 30JUN 12 DL
FLT 1-1334 FLT 1400-5867 FLT 5970-6022
FLT 6026-9784 FLT 9791-9999DLFLT 1-1334
FLT 1400-5867FLT 5970-6022FLT 6026-9784
FLT 9791-9999
FURTHER RESTR APPLY SEE TEXT RULE

TRANSFERS NOT PERMITTED

TICKET ENDORSEMENT ORIGINAL/REISSUED TKT -
NONREF/PENALTY MUST APPEAR IN ENDORSEMENT BOX
ORIGINAL/REISSUED TKT - APPLIES
MUST APPEAR IN ENDORSEMENT BOX

ACCOMPANIED PASSENGERS NO RESTRICTION

SALES RESTRICTIONS EXTENSION OF TICKET VALIDITY PERMITTED UNDER
GUIDELINES SET FORTH BY CARRIER. CONTACT
CARRIER FOR DETAILS.

CHANGES/REFUNDS CHANGE-150.00 USD

CANCEL-NON REF

FOR ALL CONDITIONS SEE TEXT RULE
You will have to find your applicable fare rules either online at DL.com or shown on your confirmation email as they will show what the costs would be to change your ticket but there will be a fee. You may make as many connections as the fare rule allows but any fare difference between what you paid and what is available when you make changes would be be payable on top of any change fees. I might've misunderstood but it sounded like you'd already book this journey, correct?

MHO is that DL actually does fairly well providing the fare rules in ticket confirmation emails though you may have to search a little for it if you're not familiar with where they are.

I hope that explanation help and good luck with your MR plans! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.