Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Far the quest for status is. For NRT buckle up you should and take it. Do it now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Far the quest for status is. For NRT buckle up you should and take it. Do it now

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"

As Yoda said to the grasshoppers.

NRT is optional, for example RGN would do nicely this year.

This is my usual advance notice to the forestall the inevitable end-of-year chorus. Othewise this board will submerge under the howling of those who are 559 MQM short of SM GM, or UA 1P, or AA PLT and must book full Y one ways on the hated RJs from IAD-PHL or ATL-BHM on Dec 30th. For $3550. While Jeff laughs at you.

But you do it to yourselves.

It is...

you know what it is. @:-)
Old Aug 21, 2012, 4:56 pm

Sorry, but this reads like an escaped post from the bugger-I-am-drunk thread.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
best thread ever
Old Jan 9, 2013, 10:59 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Do it now. Like, right now.

Then you won't have to worry about MR's in December under less than ideal conditions while the baying mob roars with amusement at your capitulation to the $3550 single sector on the RJ.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Bump for 2013

Bump.

Focus on 2013.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that it will be worse than ever this year. Capacity is down, fares are up, the Jeffs - all of them - are rubbing their hands with glee.... you aren't going to be happy with yourselves when you're x PQM/MQM short after Thanksgiving. Cheap fares are not going to exist as they have in the past and you'll be berating yourselves as the FT jackals bay with amusement.

Avoid becoming a December victim of infeasible requal. Do it now!
Old Mar 26, 2013, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Problem is I don't know how many MQM's I will need to reach Platinium for 2014. I have some idea--have already flown 2 MR's and just booked a 3rd one last week--but I'm not going to book anymore at this point unless a 2cpm or 3cpm deal comes along. Too much variability in my travels...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Bump...

Always good to remember Yoda's wisdom...

.. especially in view of the current end-of-year howling about requal, pleadings for grace and 78 gift EQM/MQMs, spare us from the $3k one-way BWI-EWR segments on the RJ, etc....
Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The last chance saloon for DL MR...

Buckle up for NRT and take it.

Do it now.
All those years.
MR for NRT...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120834/

Or even better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry4ngf766N0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.