Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by TerryK
Yes, anyone can see them all. Multiple entry visas @ $150 are only available as business or social visas. Both require sponsors.
Yes, I doubt any second or third visa would be issued
if there was already an unused un-expired one in the passport.

Last edited by MrHalliday; May 7, 2012 at 9:40 pm Reason: sp
Old May 7, 2012, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Yes, I doubt any second or third visa would be issued
if there was already an active one in the passport.
It is usual practice to invalidate your previous visa if a second one is requested.

There can be legitimate reasons to apply for a new visa while a valid one is still in your passport. Each visa is only valid for 90 days. You need to apply for a new one if you expect to arrive later than the 90 day limit even though it is still valid at the time of second application.

If may work if you apply for your second visa in a different venue after you have used your first visa. For example: apply for one in DC embassy; enter and exit RGN; apply for second visa at BKK embassy.
Old May 7, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by dandandan
So I once again managed to get into my Air India booking on their website by putting my middle initial after my name in the Forname box and this is what showed up;

Tickets
The fulfilment details of your booking are shown below
Some tickets need revalidation or exchange These will be processed in due course

Below this was each travellers name and eticket number with this after each one; (needs revalidation or exchange).

Not looking good from this point of view.

The Air India reservation page did also not show first RGN leg but using PNR on Jet Airways website it does.
Originally Posted by KissFlyGoodbye
I believe if your flight is greater than 90 days, it should have that message because they can't assign you a seat yet. When you try to select your seat, it should bring up an error because you aren't in that window period. Your ticket is issued if you have an e-ticket. You just need seats and can get those once the seatmap becomes available in the system.

I have an AI stock ticket and in the same boat as you.
... I have the exact thing that dandandan described. However, my reservation is actually within the 90 windows 07/03-07/04 RGN-JFK and it still shows ticket need revalidate/exchange. Moreover, where do you guys see the link to update your seats? All I see was "Premierez Z and First Class F". By the way i do have the whole etckt# 098......
Old May 7, 2012, 11:18 pm
2mg

What do you do when the $$$ is back on your card?
Today, I got my FULL refund from Opodo, no thanks to KE.
So now what?
Is there a KE rep in the KE FT forum?
Old May 7, 2012, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Yes, anyone can see them all. Multiple entry visas @ $150 are only available as business or social visas. Both require sponsors.
Do remember that it was not too long ago that some american guy tried swimming across a moat to see Suu Kyi and was duly arrested and thrown in jail until he was pardoned after a visit by some american diplomat!

Though some relations have opened up between the West and Myanmar, it is still not fully open and travels to the country must be cautious especially when most going there will only be turning around on the first flight possible.

Do remember also that Myanmar is still a military led country and the immigration officers can deny you entry for any reason whatsoever even if you have all the necessary papers.
Old May 7, 2012, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by 2mg
What do you do when the $$$ is back on your card?
Today, I got my FULL refund from Opodo, no thanks to KE.
So now what?
Is there a KE rep in the KE FT forum?
If you would like to keep pushing it, personally I reckon it's safe enough to start calling the airlines and pressuring them into honouring the ticket, providing an alternative or some form of compensation...
Old May 7, 2012, 11:29 pm

Programs: Star Alliance, One World, Skyteam, BR, GA, EK, VX, SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IC
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Do remember also that Myanmar is still a military led country and the immigration officers can deny you entry for any reason whatsoever even if you have all the necessary papers.
In some respects, here is also where the power of the $$$ comes into play..
Old May 8, 2012, 12:10 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM, *A G, IHGClub PlatAmb, SPG G, Marriott G
Originally Posted by General_Flyer
In some respects, here is also where the power of the $$$ comes into play..
Just be careful. In authoritarian countries like Myanmar, some may be receptive, others not.
Old May 8, 2012, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
I had this happen to me on 4/11 when I booked some ex-RGN F fare deals with CheapOair (when these deals weren't disclosed to the public yet). Some people who were PM'ed about these deals and booked on 4/11 have their tickets still confirmed.
thats what you get for not sharing!
Old May 8, 2012, 12:29 am

Programs: Alaska Air
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
Yes mine is showin up on DL too
Mine still shows up on DL and EK.
Old May 8, 2012, 12:35 am
GmK

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Okay, so my main question now is this: How can one prevent the ticket "going through" as normal, but being IDB'ed at the gate at either RGN or an intermediary transit point?
+1

Wondering that too.

My guess: Being lucky or having a good contingency plan. As one should always have for any EF flying.
Old May 8, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM, *A G, IHGClub PlatAmb, SPG G, Marriott G
Originally Posted by GmK
+1

Wondering that too.

My guess: Being lucky or having a good contingency plan. As one should always have for any EF flying.
Agreed. AirAsia may see me on the return flight to BKK.
Old May 8, 2012, 12:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Just got back from their BKK Embassy and can confirm what TerryK is saying here.

The first gentleman who checked my documents and assigned me a queue ticket told me to just fill in two forms if i needed two entries and I could pay twice and make two apps.

Sounded strange to me because I never seen a country allow you to make concurrent apps and have more than one active visa in your passport at any given time.

Anyway I did as he suggested but when it was my turn to turn in the applications I was immediately denied a second app. Strictly 1 entry per visa, 1 visa at a time.

However all is not lost. First of all, they neither cared to see my itin nor my hotel reservation so I might just fly in a few hours before my ex-RGN flight goes out. Hand-luggage only. According to a poster on an Australian FF forum, you don't necessarily pass immigration if you go this route.

I would leave Myanmar with my visa still un-touched and good to go for checking into my return leg. Second possibility is to just get another visa when I reach my destination provided they have a Myanmar embassy which is only applicable to a handful of cities...

Bottom line: if you stay in the terminal (carry-on only) and don't stay overnight you might only need your Myanmar visa to satisfy the check-in agent. You don't use it up as such.
Old May 8, 2012, 12:59 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by forumpersona999
Bottom line: if you stay in the terminal (carry-on only) and don't stay overnight you might only need your Myanmar visa to satisfy the check-in agent. You don't use it up as such.
Very clever, that indeed might work !

I remember that BKK waiting room well.
There was a woman there on a package tour to Myanmar
that somehow did not know the visa was required.
Her tour group was already enroute to Bagan that day,
and she had been turned away at BKK check-in the previous day.

In any case, the gruff-looking window agents were actually
very kind to her, she paid some expedite fee
(no, not an off-the-record bribe, it was an official fee)
and was told she could pick up her visa the next morning,
and she already had herself set on an afternoon flight.

I originally thought I would pay one of the local visa shops
the $25 or so to expedite mine, but I had five days,
and just did it myself, picking it up 3 days later.
They were mostly concerned that I did not work for BBC.

Last edited by MrHalliday; May 8, 2012 at 1:01 am Reason: sp
Old May 8, 2012, 1:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
How quickly were you able to get the visa at the embassy in BKK? All in one day?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.