Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AC/SN NYC-BRU $232 ai on Vayama

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AC/SN NYC-BRU $232 ai on Vayama

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by stockmanjr
I've heard this before and yet they seem to happen 1x-2x/yr.
Or more.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
http://www.dot.gov/affairs/2011/dot11111.html

Additional measures under the new rule will take effect January 24, 2012, including:

· Requiring all taxes and fees to be included in advertised fares.
· Banning post-purchase price increases.

I guess they could still cancel the reservation? They just can't increase the price (like in the KE situation...)
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by daiseee
http://www.dot.gov/affairs/2011/dot11111.html

Additional measures under the new rule will take effect January 24, 2012, including:

· Requiring all taxes and fees to be included in advertised fares.
· Banning post-purchase price increases.

I guess they could still cancel the reservation? They just can't increase the price (like in the KE situation...)
Not without a refund which I have yet to see.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Booked mine earlier, received e-ticket 14 minutes after booking. This was 5hours ago. Ticket is still showing valid on AC.com

I was just in the middle of booking a flight to London but I guess I have to hold off now...
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:49 pm

Well at some point we have to book connecting flights and hotels, so...

I am going to wait until 24 hrs and book them. I mean, my dates are in about 2 weeks anyway, so at SOME point I have to do it...I figured 24hrs is as good as any. If I cannot cancel it anymore then it is reasonable to argue that for them to cancel it at that point would unfairly prejudice me.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 1:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 2mg
The days of fare mistakes... are over.
The reports of their death have been greatly exaggerated over and over again. Same goes for this time.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 5:28 am

Programs: moka Lifetime
Originally Posted by antonius66
Well at some point we have to book connecting flights and hotels, so...

I am going to wait until 24 hrs and book them. I mean, my dates are in about 2 weeks anyway, so at SOME point I have to do it...I figured 24hrs is as good as any. If I cannot cancel it anymore then it is reasonable to argue that for them to cancel it at that point would unfairly prejudice me.
If you want to be on the safe side, then perhaps buy the remainder purchases with insurance. They should cover the charges if your ticket for cancelled.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:09 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by moka
If you want to be on the safe side, then perhaps buy the remainder purchases with insurance. They should cover the charges if your ticket for cancelled.
Good idea Moka.

Due to the short window before I leave (next Friday), I pre-paid for a room at ALoft. So I just bought some travel insurance as well. Total trip cost is under $500, so it was only $30 for the insurance.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: SQ
no reason to pay full price at the weekend in BRU. really easy to find 2-for-1 rates.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
no reason to pay full price at the weekend in BRU. really easy to find 2-for-1 rates.
would you mind explaining please? I'm only there a weekend so that would be perfect.

I also never bought trip insurance if I go that route where do you buy it?

I did reserve a refundable rate through expedia at the HI Schuman, but if all goes through I would like to be closer to grand place, any suggestions?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: UA Million Miler
Booked my Vayama itinerary and received ticketing confirmation 14 minutes later. An interesting twist is that my 016 ticket appears to have been issued by UA and not AC. And with six segments and the likelihood (?) of there being inclement weather up north, I'm hoping for irrops.

Have yet to receive any cancellation email. *fingers crossed*
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by edenri
would you mind explaining please? I'm only there a weekend so that would be perfect.
I think the point is that rooms are much cheaper on the weekends. I certainly found that to be the case. Brussels is a big business/government town, and they don't stick around over the weekends.

I also never bought trip insurance if I go that route where do you buy it?
I've gotten it for my last six trips or so. Started by getting quotes from InsureMyTrip, but eventually just started going directly going to CSA Travel Protection. I've had to file two claims in the last year or so, and they paid promptly and as was expected.

I did reserve a refundable rate through expedia at the HI Schuman, but if all goes through I would like to be closer to grand place, any suggestions?
I found Aloft (the #3 ranked hotel at TripAdvisor) for just over $100 with a pre-pay. It's in the European District, but next to a Metro stop and the bus stop from the airport.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by gopackjo
I think the point is that rooms are much cheaper on the weekends. I certainly found that to be the case. Brussels is a big business/government town, and they don't stick around over the weekends.

I've gotten it for my last six trips or so. Started by getting quotes from InsureMyTrip, but eventually just started going directly going to CSA Travel Protection. I've had to file two claims in the last year or so, and they paid promptly and as was expected.

I found Aloft (the #3 ranked hotel at TripAdvisor) for just over $100 with a pre-pay. It's in the European District, but next to a Metro stop and the bus stop from the airport.
I"m going to look into CSA's site a bit more thank you. To make sure I'm covered though should I include the cancel for any reason option? Im clueless as to what I would look at purchasing.

I did look at Aloft and it looks really cool, I think it is very close to the HI. I went for price and refundability
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:36 am

So this is going to sound like the snobbiest comment ever (and I'm sure in the wrong forum, too), but I was in Brussels in winter a few years back, and didn't exactly find it to be the most awesome city in the world. Granted, it's Europe, the fare was uber cheap, I'm very excited, etc, etc, but is anybody with me on that sentiment? The whole city kinda gave me the creeps to be honest.

I was thinking about hopping a train/connecting flight to Amsterdam, but I'm also interested in maybe going somewhere off the beaten path. Maybe across the German border to Frankfurt/Cologne? Or some cooler/smaller towns in the Benelux area? (Don't say Bruges). If anybody has ideas feel free to reply or PM me or whatever.

Also for the record - booked at 5PM ET and no cancellation from vayama or AC.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 7:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
In my Inbox

Ready for your trip? Here are some tips before you leave.
from vayama [email protected]

Tickets are still showing confirmed

Originally Posted by shectangle
So this is going to sound like the snobbiest comment ever (and I'm sure in the wrong forum, too), but I was in Brussels in winter a few years back, and didn't exactly find it to be the most awesome city in the world. Granted, it's Europe, the fare was uber cheap, I'm very excited, etc, etc, but is anybody with me on that sentiment? The whole city kinda gave me the creeps to be honest.

I was thinking about hopping a train/connecting flight to Amsterdam, but I'm also interested in maybe going somewhere off the beaten path. Maybe across the German border to Frankfurt/Cologne? Or some cooler/smaller towns in the Benelux area? (Don't say Bruges). If anybody has ideas feel free to reply or PM me or whatever.

Also for the record - booked at 5PM ET and no cancellation from vayama or AC.
I don't think it is a snobby comment. Never feel the need to hide in a shell. Some things in life are meant/needed to be said and people need to learn that real quick or they will be butt hurt every time something is said to them. After all it is your opinion. Don't worry about the freaks who haven't been punched in school before.

Anyways, If I had more time I would go to Bruges to relax period, not stay in Brussels. I'm using this fare to go to London or France because with such a short time it is more exotic for me to hop around .

Last edited by krpjr; Feb 3, 2012 at 8:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.