Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR to China - Visa Needed?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL-Gold, UA-1K, EXEC-PLAT
ViSA/TWOV or not ...

Hi , i have a question regarding a VISA for the following routing , it confused a bit since i might have read to many posts here so now i am not sure anymore if i need a VISA or not.
Would like to fly for a MR the following routing with UA : HNL-GUM-NRT-PVG (OVERNIGHT 16 Hrs ) next day PVG-NRT-LAX my question is , is there a VISA/TWOV required ?
Or can it be done without a Visa ? - German Passport holder if this matters !

thanks for your info and reply -
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by flyer777lr
Hi , i have a question regarding a VISA for the following routing , it confused a bit since i might have read to many posts here so now i am not sure anymore if i need a VISA or not.
Would like to fly for a MR the following routing with UA : HNL-GUM-NRT-PVG (OVERNIGHT 16 Hrs ) next day PVG-NRT-LAX my question is , is there a VISA/TWOV required ?
Or can it be done without a Visa ? - German Passport holder if this matters !

thanks for your info and reply -
As I understand the rules, you would need a visa because PVG is your final destination and you are returning to the country you came to China from (i.e. Japan)
flyer777lr likes this.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Apr 21, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Old Apr 21, 2019, 5:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
As I understand the rules, you would need a visa because PVG is your final destination and you are returning to the country you came to China from (i.e. Japan)
Correct. As far as the authorities are concerned, the trip is Japan-China-Japan (no other segments matter).
flyer777lr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.