Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Gone; T&C change?] AA $100 off Air+Hotel - great for 1-night MRs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Gone; T&C change?] AA $100 off Air+Hotel - great for 1-night MRs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by jammanxc
i got 10 under $5 dollar throwaway trips to vegas then!
Plus a mandatory $14.99 per night resort fee at the Palace Station if that is the hotel you picked based on your prior posts in this thread http://www.vegas.com/resorts/palacestation/
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:39 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by CalItalian
Plus a mandatory $14.99 per night resort fee at the Palace Station if that is the hotel you picked based on your prior posts in this thread http://www.vegas.com/resorts/palacestation/
only if you physically check into the hotel and present a credit card for incidentals
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:59 am

is there a way to do this so that hotel can just be for 1 night, but overall trip is longer?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:00 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Any bets on which blog AA subscribes too and thus found out about their error?

I'm guessing they didn't find it from this thread directly.

Congrats to those that got in.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:04 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by hobo13
Any bets on which blog AA subscribes too and thus found out about their error? .
It was all over SD with title "free trip to vegas". There is no way AA would not have picked up on that.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by danielm
How does one do a matrix radius search?
matrix.itasoftware.com and specify some number of mile radius from the airport.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:48 am

Code no longer valid

I tried this morning (10/13) and it is no longer accepting the code "SAVE100".
AA must have caught on. Too bad!
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Wow - I guess AA got blindsided, because the $1000 wasn't in the original T&C, and it wasn't in the T&C in mine and my husband's e-mails.

Maybe if you played before the change, they will honor your code based on your registered AAdvantage number?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by janetdoe
Wow - I guess AA got blindsided, because the $1000 wasn't in the original T&C, and it wasn't in the T&C in mine and my husband's e-mails.

Maybe if you played before the change, they will honor your code based on your registered AAdvantage number?
Exactly what I was wondering. I played the game this morning, and have the e-mail with the old T&C's. I would think they'd have to honor it, unless they can claim they're not responsible for errors in the T&Cs.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; AA Platinum;Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
I did in fact play the game prior to the change and while a small discount- $75 plus the miles I plan to have them honor it given that I have a printout which says nothing about a $1000 minimum. We shall see how they wiggle out!
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
It was on the page after you get your code, then it e-mailed me. I can't find much good from BOS though. NYC hotels would just be too expensive and everything else seems to be too far!
I'm using the code I got from playing the game and I got the email too.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I wonder if any clever FlyerTalkers have tried doing a workaround. The t&c don't have the $1,000 minimum on the later trip...
The future one-time use promo code will be valid for travel January 1 – December 20, 2012, will be valid for a $100 discount on a single flight + hotel package booking, and may not be combined with any other promotion code or corporate discounts. Future $100 off one-time use promo code may only be used once, has no cash value, cannot be honored retroactively or applied to existing reservations, and cannot be replaced or reissued if lost, shared or stolen.
(Go back and print it!)
Old Oct 13, 2011, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by hw711
I'm using the code I got from playing the game and I got the email too.
It appears that they did some quick reprogramming and blocked it for trips under $1000. I had picked the $75+2500 miles FWIW, better to me for the longer trip I would have had to take.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 1:13 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
I have never paid over $1K for air/hotel on any trip. Worthless promo with the new T & C. Very disappointed. I would think that $300 trip min would be more reasonable if AA wanted to reasonably promote their vacations. I would still be interested in that case.

I only booked one air/hotel package. That was back in early Jan 2004 when I got a air/hotel (1 night) package (LAX-LHR) for $600 using United Vacations when the regular ticket was over $2K.

I rather choose inexpensive air and book my own hotel. (using Priceline, points, staying at relatives/friends, etc).
Old Oct 13, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by tripice351
I'll post the whole T&C here..

bolding is mine..

I haven't tried to book one yet, is there further info that goes against the T&C?
Maybe you should re-read my post, I am responding to a question, not necessarily related to OP though.

Also, It's WELL Known mile promotion will not count towards EQM, but the flight portion DOES count, as always. Again, bonus miles promotion means 5000 bonus miles, 2500 bonus miles, it doesn't not applied/implied for regular flight portion booked via aavacation (ie regular flight miles is not bonus, elite status bonus miles almost never count towards EQM anyway, exception will be 500 min for elite).

No matter what, games changed to very unattractive anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.