Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Gone; T&C change?] AA $100 off Air+Hotel - great for 1-night MRs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Gone; T&C change?] AA $100 off Air+Hotel - great for 1-night MRs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Too bad the LAX/SFO-DFW $120 fares are no longer available.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Well this has been a big time waster for me. I also went back and played the game and still no discount applied.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by igopogo
I think it's tough for you because the least expensive fares are to NYC, and hotels are expensive there. I did find $230 before discount, WAS-NYC 11/1-11/2, but that doesn't seem like a MR regardless of the packaging of the discount. I think a little over 3cpm if you take the 5000 miles and platinum+ bonus.
True. I did find WAS to MIA with hotel and discount for $122.34 AI. Not great but not bad either.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: United, SPG
I'm looking out of ORD too. Can't find anything good. Although if you sign up for that business extras program that View From The Wing had up, one of these $5 flights could get you a free flight via that promotion they are running. Might be worth while to check out.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 9:57 am

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...one-roundtrip/

Free Gold Status after 1 trip on AA.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by danielm
Igopogo, thanks so much! Even if I don't find anything out of BOS/JFK on this, Its great to know its an option. I've clearly not been using matrix as well as I could.

Did you use this tecnique to find that ORD dfw flight? Must not have, since that's definitely more than 300 miles.
I wish I could tell you it was DFW It's DTW. Have fun in motor city!

But...you can of course use the same technique to expand around any airport you are interested in.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by onesweetworld
I'm looking out of ORD too. Can't find anything good. Although if you sign up for that business extras program that View From The Wing had up, one of these $5 flights could get you a free flight via that promotion they are running. Might be worth while to check out.
*sigh*

from the T&C on THAT promo:

Minimum round-trip fare of $250 applies for promotion qualification.
Am I missing something?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:13 am

$64 after coupon for ORD-DTW 12/10-12/11.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Jeeves
Well this has been a big time waster for me. I also went back and played the game and still no discount applied.
Same here.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat
Were the T&C just changed?

†To receive $100 Off per booking now and $100 Off per booking later, book a flight + hotel package and enter promotion code DOUBLE100 at check-out (please use all capital letters when entering the promo code). Promotion code may not be combined with any corporate discounts or other promotional discount codes. Purchase of a flight + hotel package is required, with a minimum booking value of $1,000 excluding taxes, fees and insurance. Offer is not valid on flight-only or car-only bookings. Offer is valid for new reservations made between October 10 – November 9, 2011, and for travel between October 12, 2011 and February 29, 2012. Promotion code is not valid on any reservation that includes travel or a hotel stay on any date between December 21 - 26, 2011 or February 18-20, 2012. Instant $100 Off Now discount will be awarded once per booking. Promotion code cannot be honored retroactively or applied to existing reservations and is not valid on bookings using AAdvantage miles as a form of payment. Promotion code is are only valid for reservations booked online at AAVacations.com. Only one promotion code may be entered per booking. Promotion code is not valid for bookings at any Sandals or Beaches Resort. Then, by November 30, 2011, a one-time use $100 Off promotion code for a future flight + hotel package will be awarded to the lead traveler in each booking and emailed to the lead traveler using the email address provided at time of booking. The future one-time use promo code will be valid for travel January 1 – December 20, 2012, will be valid for a $100 discount on a single flight + hotel package booking, and may not be combined with any other promotion code or corporate discounts. Future $100 off one-time use promo code may only be used once, has no cash value, cannot be honored retroactively or applied to existing reservations, and cannot be replaced or reissued if lost, shared or stolen.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
So I just tried a test booking BOS-PHX (best fare/hotel/miles combo to me from BOS for somewhere I would want to go) and the promo code didn't reduce it. For those who have booked, does it only do it when you go ahead to purchase?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by tripice351
*sigh*

from the T&C on THAT promo:

Am I missing something?
No, i missed that part. Should have known it was too good to be true!
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by DL0620

†To receive $100 Off per booking now and $100 Off per booking later, book a flight + hotel package and enter promotion code DOUBLE100 at check-out (please use all capital letters when entering the promo code). Promotion code may not be combined with any corporate discounts or other promotional discount codes. Purchase of a flight + hotel package is required, with a minimum booking value of $1,000 excluding taxes, fees and insurance. Offer is not valid on flight-only or car-only bookings. Offer is valid for new reservations made between October 10 – November 9, 2011, and for travel between October 12, 2011 and February 29, 2012. Promotion code is not valid on any reservation that includes travel or a hotel stay on any date between December 21 - 26, 2011 or February 18-20, 2012. Instant $100 Off Now discount will be awarded once per booking. Promotion code cannot be honored retroactively or applied to existing reservations and is not valid on bookings using AAdvantage miles as a form of payment. Promotion code is are only valid for reservations booked online at AAVacations.com. Only one promotion code may be entered per booking. Promotion code is not valid for bookings at any Sandals or Beaches Resort. Then, by November 30, 2011, a one-time use $100 Off promotion code for a future flight + hotel package will be awarded to the lead traveler in each booking and emailed to the lead traveler using the email address provided at time of booking. The future one-time use promo code will be valid for travel January 1 – December 20, 2012, will be valid for a $100 discount on a single flight + hotel package booking, and may not be combined with any other promotion code or corporate discounts. Future $100 off one-time use promo code may only be used once, has no cash value, cannot be honored retroactively or applied to existing reservations, and cannot be replaced or reissued if lost, shared or stolen.
classic bait and switch from AA..... no wonder they are heading into bankruptcy
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by DL0620

Purchase of a flight + hotel package is required, with a minimum booking value of $1,000 excluding taxes, fees and insurance.
Wow.. sure was. Ninja edit by AA. But again, from the main promo T&C (which applies to all codes in this promo), it says it doesn't count for elite status anyway.

I'd say this thing is DOA for MR's..
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by tripice351
Wow.. sure was. Ninja edit by AA. But again, from the main promo T&C (which applies to all codes in this promo), it says it doesn't count for elite status anyway.

I'd say this thing is DOA for MR's..
i got 10 under $5 dollar throwaway trips to vegas then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.