Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA: LAX-DFW-PBI $239 a.i. (3.3cpm; 7,132 eqm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA: LAX-DFW-PBI $239 a.i. (3.3cpm; 7,132 eqm)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Exclamation [FARE GONE] AA: LAX-DFW-PBI $239 a.i. (3.3cpm; 7,132 eqm)

LAX-DFW-PBI-DFW-LAX - 3.3cpm, 7,132 EQM's, with 100% bonus (plat and exp), 14,264 RDM's

Double EQM and Double Miles promo: DEQSL

TO REGISTER for the promo:

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...FO_A112910.xml

many dates in May available for a quick turnaround

availablity: May 3-4, 6-7, 10-11, 17-18 ........ same day turns ok

Last edited by jammanxc; Apr 7, 2011 at 6:55 pm
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by jammanxc
LAX-DFW-PBI-DFW-LAX - 3.3cpm, 7,132 EQM's, with 100% bonus (plat and exp), 14,264 RDM's

Double EQM and Double Miles promo: DEQSL

TO REGISTER for the promo:

http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...FO_A112910.xml

many dates in May available for a quick turnaround
only drawback to me is it's only available to ca or tx residents

Also someone is faster than you:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...x-sfo-dfw.html
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:42 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Thanks for this. Sure hope that LAX and BUR are co-terminals.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
used 10% code to knock it down to $220.99

code was from being a AA Citi cardholder

"Thank you for a being a Citi® / AAdvantage® cardmember.

As a sign of our appreciation, American Airlines would like to help you get a head start on your summer travel plans. From now through April 18, 2011, you can save 10% on your next qualifying American Airlines, American Eagle, or AmericanConnection® flight1 when you purchase travel through AA.com with your Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card!"
Old Apr 7, 2011, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rbAA
No, this is strictly for a round trip that starts with LAX-DFW and ends with DFW-LAX or vice versa, or SFO instead of LAX. But it is very specific. And only the LAX-DFW, DFW-LAX portions get double EQM/RDM
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
No, this is strictly for a round trip that starts with LAX-DFW and ends with DFW-LAX or vice versa, or SFO instead of LAX. But it is very specific. And only the LAX-DFW, DFW-LAX portions get double EQM/RDM
The terms state "To qualify, the round trip must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal."

It looks like BUR is a co-terminal for LAX. Can someone confirm that?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Also for a similar price

SFO-DFW $219 AI, about 3.7 CPM
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AAKittyKat
The terms state "To qualify, the round trip must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal."

It looks like BUR is a co-terminal for LAX. Can someone confirm that?
Good point. I have not confirmed this with AA, but I'd interpret it in the same way. In my case, I live pretty much next door to SNA which is stated as equivalent to LAX in most/all fare rules. For example, SNA-PIT is $206 AI now through DFW, not bad if it works!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bubb1
Good point. I have not confirmed this with AA, but I'd interpret it in the same way. In my case, I live pretty much next door to SNA which is stated as equivalent to LAX in most/all fare rules. For example, SNA-PIT is $206 AI now through DFW, not bad if it works!
it wont work, it has to be LAX-DFW , DFW-LAX, SFO-LAX, LAX-SFO
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:11 pm

Just booked a couple of LAX-DFW-PBI same-day runs for $220.99 ai (after 10% off certs). Thanks OP for the PBI suggestion...I wasn't too interested in the promo til your post!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:50 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
From the wiki:
Co-terminals

Co-terminals is a term that is no longer in use but that generally refers to city pairs that are considered to be the same point.
[edit] Fare calculation

Fares are published and itineraries calculated based on cities, not airports or groups of airports.

If your itinerary has you arriving in one city (e.g. SFO) and depart from another (e.g. OAK or SJC) you have a surface segment creating an open jaw for the purposes of fare calculation, unless those cities are considered the same point.

AA consider cities that are close together as being the same point; each fare specifies in its rule 10 (Combinations) which are such cities. As of MAR-09, most AA fares had the following provision:

NOTE - THE CITY PAIRS BELOW ARE CONSIDERED THE SAME
POINT -
BUR-SNA BWI-WAS EWR-HPN EWR-ISP FLL-MIA
HPN-ISP LAX-BUR LAX-ONT LAX-SNA LGB-BUR
LGB-LAX LGB-ONT LGB-SNA NYC-EWR NYC-HPN
NYC-ISP OAK-SFO OAK-SJC ONT-BUR ONT-SNA
SFO-SJC
Old Apr 8, 2011, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by captainstubing
Just booked a couple of LAX-DFW-PBI same-day runs for $220.99 ai (after 10% off certs). Thanks OP for the PBI suggestion...I wasn't too interested in the promo til your post!
glad i could help
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:49 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
I know its been said before, but just to highlight:

From: http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...FO_A112910.xml

Note: This offer is valid only for AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing programs in California or Texas.

Terms and Conditions:
Offer only applies to AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing Programs in California or Texas. AAdvantage promotion is valid for round-trip travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights between DFW and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) from April 7, 2011 through August 31, 2011. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. To qualify, the round trip must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Reservation must be booked on or after April 7, 2011 to be eligible. Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year. This offer does not increment the member's elite qualifying points or segments. Double elite-qualifying miles and double flight miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned for the flights between DFW and Los Angeles or between DFW and San Francisco only. Promotional miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. This offer cannot be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required.

[bolding mine]
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:03 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by johndeere19
I know its been said before, but just to highlight:

From: http://www.aa.com/viewPromotionDetai...FO_A112910.xml

Note: This offer is valid only for AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing programs in California or Texas.

Terms and Conditions:
Offer only applies to AAdvantage members with an address on file with AAdvantage Marketing Programs in California or Texas. AAdvantage promotion is valid for round-trip travel on purchased, published fare tickets on American Airlines marketed and operated nonstop flights between DFW and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO) from April 7, 2011 through August 31, 2011. A round trip is defined as two one-way trips booked in a single reservation under one ticket number. To qualify, the round trip must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal. A maximum of one round trip is permitted per reservation. Reservation must be booked on or after April 7, 2011 to be eligible. Bonus elite qualifying miles earned in conjunction with flight activity during 2011 will count towards your 2012 membership year. This offer does not increment the member's elite qualifying points or segments. Double elite-qualifying miles and double flight miles will be calculated at 100% of the base miles earned for the flights between DFW and Los Angeles or between DFW and San Francisco only. Promotional miles associated with this offer will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 6-8 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion. This offer cannot be combined with other AAdvantage promotions. Registration prior to travel is required.

[bolding mine]
Seems that maybe it doesn't have to be only LAX, otherwise this language would have been unnecessary. I'll see in June as I have PVG-LAX-SFO-DFW-BUR-DFW-LAX-PVG for the LAX-PVG 2x RDM promo.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote for T&C: To qualify, the round trip must depart from and return to the same city or co-terminal.

Seems that maybe it doesn't have to be only LAX, otherwise this language would have been unnecessary. I'll see in June as I have PVG-LAX-SFO-DFW-BUR-DFW-LAX-PVG for the LAX-PVG 2x RDM promo.
No. Read the thread on the previous LASF2 promo, which had the same T&Cs.

What that part in bold above says is that you can add on stuff at the start and/or the end, as long as LAX-DFW-LAX or SFO-DFW-SFO or DFW-LAX-DFW or DFW-SFO-DFW is somewhere in there.

What they mean by co-terminals being mentioned in that sentence is that you could get the promo by flying JFK--DFW-LAX-DFW-LGA. Ie, you can use co-terminals at your starting/ending city, as long as it's beyond DFW or beyond LAX or beyond SFO.

(To put it another way, they're spelling out that the overall entire ticket can't be open-jaw, but open-jaw doesn't include co-terminals.)

But co-terminals on the DFW-LAX-DFW roundtrip itself don't count. It has to be DFW to/from either LAX or SFO, no other airports. (And the reason is Virgin America adding more flights on those exact airport pairs, not other airport pairs.)

... If you read the LASF2 thread, you'll note that there was a lot of early confusion about whether adding legs on to either end of LAX-DFW-LAX would work for the promo at all. AA later added the bolded language to clarify that it did, as long as you started and ended in the same city (not necessarily same airport). That's why those of us who followed the LASF2 discussion months ago know exactly what it means.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.