Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] TK: Valentine's Day Special 2011: ex-IST (2pax together) €1000+Tax in J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] TK: Valentine's Day Special 2011: ex-IST (2pax together) €1000+Tax in J

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:45 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by moeser
I'm really interested.
Which dates and locations you've got in mind ??
Anywhere that doesn't have the old seats. Obviously I won't wanna visit HKG!

B
Old Jan 5, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Does JNB/CPT have the new seats on ALL flights or is it only on some days?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 7:27 am

There definitely were not seats on all the flights the last time I checked. Still it seemed to possible to do a 6-7 day return.

Last edited by teahan; Jan 5, 2011 at 8:22 am
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: A3*G, LH*G, BA*G, BDP in my heart forever
saw connections

i have not done the saw to center ist trip yet, but i plan to take the public bus #e10 to kadiköy and continue with the ferry to eminönü to have a decent fish sandwich.

here the bus timetable

http://www.iett.gov.tr/saat/orer.php...BtnSaatler.y=7

here some other options
http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/g...rk2gokcen.html

turkey requires visas for almost all nationalities, the costs differ by nation. for austrians its 15€ for 3 month multiple entry, issued on the spot in saw.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:13 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
my friend is flying in from a different airport than I am. What happens if he doesn't show/delayed/etc? Will I be denied boarding?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G EP
Originally Posted by GuyverII
my friend is flying in from a different airport than I am. What happens if he doesn't show/delayed/etc? Will I be denied boarding?
If you do an Online check-in, I do not think that they would notice on the outbound journey. You may have problems on the way back to Istanbul though, I guess.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by Brian_1
Anywhere that doesn't have the old seats. Obviously I won't wanna visit HKG!

B
That could be a problem.As you know,TK is infamous for switching
to other lanes in the last minute.
I was looking for a flight to SIN,but they swapped from 77W
to 343 with the old crappy angled seats .

I was already in HKG so this is no problem but I think one can't
be picky in cause of the limited availability.

How's about SIN or USA,NRT would also be from interest for me ?!
Old Jan 6, 2011, 9:28 am

Annoying experience, though I admit to having been warned by Rozy before so I shouldn't be here complaining:

I made a reservation on Tuesday at 17:14 CET. On the phone they told me that I had a week to ticket. I received a confirmation email saying the following:
"Please note that your latest ticket pick up time is 11 January 12:55 Istanbul local time.". I also got an SMS saying the same.

I then called them to ticket it on Wednesday at 17:40. Though it was more than the 24hours listed in this topic, the agent confirmed the booking and the fare, my credit card was billed the full €1187 and I received a confirmation email which arrived at 17:56.

Today, while booking my flights to IST, I decided to check the seatmaps again and saw that the seats I had reserved were available. Obviously being suspicious, I called Turkish Airlines who said that my reservation had been cancelled because my credit card denied the charge.

I called the credit card company who said that could not have been true and I had been charged in full (no refund to be seen either). It must be a problem at the airline's end. I call Turkish again and get another agent who tells me they don't know why it was cancelled and there is nothing she can do (no convenient availability)

I suspect it is because of the 24 hour rule. But why:
- Tell me on the phone that I have a week, send me an email and an sms saying the same.
- Confirm my ticket, send a confirmation email and bill me
- Lie and say it is a problem with my credit card
- Not contact me about any of this. I got no email informing me of the cancellation. If I didn't check the seatmap and get suspicious, I could well have turned up in IST assuming I had a booking to SGN.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
How do you check the seatmap on THY? Is it possible to do this online? Would like to reserve some nice seats but couldnt find out how to do this.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:55 pm

Having spoken to five call centre agents and their supervisors tonight, these are the answers I have received:

- I have no information.
- SGN is not in the promotion list
- We cannot give you any information. Please talk to a local office. What city are you based in.
- There was a problem, your credit card has been refunded. There is nothing I can say.
- From what I can see, a refund has been issued. I dont know what the problem is.

The system shows something strange (SGN-IST 20/02/10):
C0 D0 J0 R0

I really wonder if this is really down to ticketing 50 minutes late or something else.

Now while trying to book another JLOVE (this time to CGK), I again get told I have one week to finalise the booking...
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:57 pm

I too am interested how one can select seats online
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by englisha
How do you check the seatmap on THY? Is it possible to do this online? Would like to reserve some nice seats but couldnt find out how to do this.
I check what is available on expertflyer.com.

Last edited by teahan; Jan 6, 2011 at 4:09 pm
Old Jan 6, 2011, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

@teahan, your case is really strange.

If it was the case of 24hours-ticketing-deadline thing, the system wan't supposed to load the fare. And it is really TK's sales agents' mistake not to inform you about your fare's rule. Here is what I wrote to a fellow flytalker a couple of days ago.

Regardless of the rule of the fare, TK's system gives an option date for your reservation. That is called automatic option. But your fare rule says 24hrs. So if you do not ticket in 24 hours, you cannot use the fare. but TK's system will hold the seat till the option date.

LH always put this into reservation on GRS.

AUTOMATIC TKT BY XXJAN11OR ALL LH
SEGS WILL BE XLD. APPLICABLE FARE RULE APPLIES IF IT
DEMANDS EARLIER TKTG DATE.

It is the same thing. Your ticket rule applies. Otherwise you can keep your seats but will definetly lose the fare.

But in your case, in my opinion, this is not the problem. Looks like a big group has been confirmed on business class cabin and you are kicked out.

And have you checked Feb 9-17th, 2011 for SGN? Business class is available.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by babs
I too am interested how one can select seats online
You cannot select seats online. You just see what is available and call TK to book them.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by rozy
But in your case, in my opinion, this is not the problem. Looks like a big group has been confirmed on business class cabin and you are kicked out.

And have you checked Feb 9-17th, 2011 for SGN? Business class is available.
Thanks, yes, I am trying to see how 9-17th can work from my end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.