Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Expedia.ca $300 coupon on packages (new terms)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
1) Use 2 browsers simultaneously. Each browser does things in lock-step.

2) dont pick flights that show "only 1 (or even 2) ticket remaining.

3) submit your purchases within seconds apart, and hope both CCs work.

I had a hairy moment last night when a virtual account did not work because the card company's server was down at that moment - must be overloaded by all folks who have BofA cards trying to generate Virtual Accounts! After 3 unsuccessful attempts I switched to a different card and it sailed through. However I was lucky because I was booking SAN-LAX-LAS - not a mileage run material. I have seen the mileage run routings from my area depleted FAST.
So then I will drive to Vegas, and no airlines needed, so I will book two grand 5 Star hotel stays...enjoy the hotel is enough for me....
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: US CP, DL GM, AA Plat
The terms say:
"Any portion of the package which is cancelled will make the coupon null and void and the full amount of the package will be charged to the credit card."

Be very careful about asking the airlines to cancel or change your flights. Not sure if they can use this to charge you full price if you don't take your flight and it is cancelled.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk
As part of this? What airline?
Yes, I tried some dates in Late feb and March incl some out Saturday back Sunday. Just go for cheapest hostel room. Also Thursday through Monday with 1 night hostel. Flights with American intending throwaway hostel room.

Although hotels aren't too bad if u book one and use that too. Ink48 and Fashion26.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL GM, CO, SWA
Coupon is non-refundable, non-transferable and only available for transactions/travel originating in Canada. One coupon per person.

One could read this as a "transaction" originating in CA but:

Any portion of the package which is cancelled will make the coupon null and void and the full amount of the package will be charged to the credit card.

This is the portion I'd be worried about for those that have mentioned cancelling trip portions (AIR/HOTEL) vs just no-showing.

And then, of course, there's this :

Expedia reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any time.

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
So then I will drive to Vegas, and no airlines needed, so I will book two grand 5 Star hotel stays...enjoy the hotel is enough for me....
Stay one night and Wynn is free with $100 resort fee

Awesome deal!

Thanks folks - this is an awesome deal!

I just booked Vegas, $ 150 with a fancy hotel and round trip airport transfer (to and from hotel). I'm from TPA.

I tried NYC later, but nothing close to $ 0-20 (after the discount) appears to work. I go all the way to the end, and then it says the room is not available.

Anyway, I'm happy with Vegas. Thanks a lot, and enjoy! ^

Expedia.ca had changed the terms

Originally Posted by TAWS
The terms say:
"Any portion of the package which is cancelled will make the coupon null and void and the full amount of the package will be charged to the credit card."

Be very careful about asking the airlines to cancel or change your flights.
Expedia has changed the terms of the voucher - these requirements were not present earlier. They have also added "only available for transactions/travel originating in Canada. One coupon per person."

Of course this was not the case when most people booked their packages. I don't think they are allowed to modify the terms for people who have already booked - make sure you have a print out of the voucher conditions when you book!
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by nutternet
Expedia has changed the terms of the voucher - these requirements were not present earlier. They have also added "only available for transactions/travel originating in Canada. One coupon per person."

Of course this was not the case when most people booked their packages. I don't think they are allowed to modify the terms for people who have already booked - make sure you have a print out of the voucher conditions when you book!
When did this happen? Does anyone have it?
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by COOLIO
Stay one night and Wynn is free with $100 resort fee
what .. I need to pay this 100 resort fee??
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond. LT SkyClub, AGR, passport
I think one could argue that if you did the transaction from Canada, regardless of your routing it would meet the terms and conditions. However, I think multiple bookings will result in not meeting the T & C (one per person, not per credit card.) It is easy to tell where the purchase originated from based on IP location.

"Coupon is non-refundable, non-transferable and only available for transactions/travel originating in Canada. One coupon per person. "

Good luck to all that have purchased.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:34 pm

I have several screen shots and email receipts showing $0. Has anyone saved anything else? How do you get the printout of the voucher? It applied, that's the point. If they don't want it effective, make it not apply and don't show a $0 charge.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:34 pm

deal is dead supposedly - but is it still working for you?

deal is dead supposedly - but is it still working for you?

the deal is dead.

it ended about 3 hours ago. about NOON eastern time.

the new terms are below.

the last two graphs were not there previously.

how are all of you still placing orders?

what time did you all last place your orders?

it is not working for me, for some reason.

"This purchase does not meet the region requirements to be eligible for this voucher. For more information please refer to the voucher rules."

SAVE300 - C$300 discount voucher
Canadian bookings only. Book a flight + hotel package at an Expedia Special Rate hotel in Las Vegas, Cancun, Riviera Maya and Manhattan on www.expedia.ca from 12:00:01AM PT November 20, 2010 to 11:59:59 PM PT November 21, 2010 for travel between November 20, 2010 – December 31, 2010 and receive a C$300 discount on that booking off Expedia.ca's current advertised prices for that flight + Expedia Special Rate hotel package.

You must use voucher code SAVE300 when prompted on the Billing & Delivery page during check-out to receive the discount. Limit of one voucher per booking. Discount cannot be applied post-purchase and is applied after applicable taxes. Valid for qualifying flight+hotel bookings only; new bookings only. No minimum night stay required. Travel cannot begin before November 20, 2010 and must be completed by December 31, 2010. Voucher has no cash surrender value.

Coupon is non-refundable, non-transferable and only available for transactions/travel originating in Canada. One coupon per person. Any portion of the package which is cancelled will make the coupon null and void and the full amount of the package will be charged to the credit card.

Expedia reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any time.

SAVE300 - une réduction de 300 $C
Réservations effectuées depuis le Canada seulement. Réservez un forfait vol + hôtel dans un hôtel à tarif promotionnel Expedia à Las Vegas, Cancún, Riviera Maya ou Manhattan sur www.expedia.ca, à partir de 00:00:01 (HNP), le 20 novembre 2010, jusqu'à 23:59:59 (HNP), le 21 novembre 2010, pour un voyage effectué entre le 20 novembre 2010 et le 31 décembre 2010, et recevez une réduction de 300 $C sur le prix affiché à ce moment par Expedia pour ce forfait vol + hôtel à tarif promotionnel Expedia.

Pour obtenir la réduction, vous devez utiliser le code de bon de réduction X à la page du sommaire et de la facturation à l'étape du paiement. Limite d'un bon de réduction par réservation. La réduction ne peut être obtenue après l'achat et est appliquée après les taxes. Valide pour les réservations admissibles d'un vol avec hôtel seulement et uniquement sur les nouvelles réservations. Aucun nombre minimal de nuits exigé. Le voyage ne peut débuter avant le 20 novembre 2010 et doit être complété au plus tard le 31 décembre 2010. Le bon de réduction n'a aucune valeur de rachat en espèces.

Valide seulement sur les réservations fait en ligne.

Le bon de réduction ne peut être remboursé ni transféré et n’est pas disponible que pour les réservations effectuées aux Canada et les voyages d’origine canadienne. Limite d'un bon de réduction par personne. Si le forfait ou une partir du forfait est annulé, le bon sera invalidé et le montant total du forfait sera facturé à la carte du crédit du client.

Expedia se réserve le droit d’annuler cette promotion à tout temps.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 1:35 pm

This doesn't apply to those of us who made our bookings previously, obviously. Additionally, I'll note that the English of the text, even with these clarifications, is extremely vague, with the slash (/) meaning 'either', NOT 'and'.

The French is much more explicit: "Réservations effectuées depuis le Canada seulement." Reservations made from within Canada only (though again one could argue that American reservations were made from within Canada.)

However:
"Le bon de réduction ne peut être remboursé ni transféré et n’est pas disponible que pour les réservations effectuées aux Canada et les voyages d’origine canadienne."
The voucher is neither reimbursable not transferable and is only available for reservations made within Canada and for trips departing from Canada.

Thankfully virtually nobody speaks French anymore.

Originally Posted by learningtime
I have several screen shots and email receipts showing $0. Has anyone saved anything else? How do you get the printout of the voucher? It applied, that's the point. If they don't want it effective, make it not apply and don't show a $0 charge.
They won't charge the difference, imo. They'll cancel everyone and send you all a discount coupon w/ an apology.

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
"only available for transactions/travel originating in Canada. One coupon per person."

This is a recent change. Does someone have a screenshot of the original terms that they can post, just in case?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.