Wiki Posts
Search

Destination DEL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Advantage EXP /DL Skymiles/UA Mileage Plus
Destination DEL

I am planning to be in DEL in two months and had purchased my ticket in May before the RDU triple double RDM & EQM bonus program was in place. I am seriously considering changing my ticket from MIA-ORD-DEL-ORD-DEL to RDU-ORD-DEL-ORD-RDU and use O/W's MIA-RDU-MIA to capitalize on the miles. I am weighing the pros and cons of which seems to be all pros at this time.

There is no doubt that I will maximize my chances of increasing eqm miles on a long flight I am scheduled to take, the fares are relatively the same for my dates of travel. If I cancel my first ticket and rebook I would be within the rules for the RDU program so it might be worth the changes.

My question is did I overlook anything else? Subject to change fee even if there is same fares? etc I do have 2 SWU's for the R/T will the new ticket purchase slide me down the list from a time perspective of other eligible Exec Plats who joined the list afterwards?

Your thoughts?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 8:01 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
i'm pretty sure that there is a change fee, talk to aa for the details....

certainly, the ug request would start with the new date, but ask when you rebook....i think an agent will have to handle the new ticketing....

good luck the value of the 2x rdm's should be enough to offset any costs & the eqm's may do you some good..

you don't say what you have for eqm so far, but i would check out what you will get from the 2 tickets, but maybe get some more swu's....good luck...
Old Aug 12, 2010, 2:04 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
having a bit of insomnia, i'm back on ft....

if you are getting awards for mia-rdu-mia [you mention O/W's] then my calc of the gain is short.....i think the r/t is about 1400 bis mi...

anyway, for rdu-ord-del, you would get a tad over 16k more eqms and rdm's....if it gets you exp for next yr w/o having to do a mr, its a no brainer unless you are going to quit flying....

re your place on the swu ug list, you might ask aa about it while checking on the change fee....

i would register for the promo now, just in case....

good luck...
Old Aug 12, 2010, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clacko
having a bit of insomnia, i'm back on ft....

if you are getting awards for mia-rdu-mia [you mention O/W's] then my calc of the gain is short.....i think the r/t is about 1400 bis mi...

anyway, for rdu-ord-del, you would get a tad over 16k more eqms and rdm's....if it gets you exp for next yr w/o having to do a mr, its a no brainer unless you are going to quit flying....

re your place on the swu ug list, you might ask aa about it while checking on the change fee....

i would register for the promo now, just in case....

good luck...

Yes r/t MIA-RDU is 1400 and the fare specials are "$67.00" each way so I will pay before using miles. I still get home same day after the trip and your right I get 16K more EQM and 32K more RDM than I would without changing. I am currently 60k for the year and will make EXP before years end even if I don't take the promo but I think its such a waste not to. When speaking to the EXP desk I will ask about my SWU upgrade wait list question. The flight looks wide open all be it two months in advance.

Thanks for allowing me to bounce it off of you.

Clear Skies!
Old Aug 13, 2010, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Update

Just completed the changes and now have a RDU-ORD-DEL-ORD-RDU reservation. The fare diff was $6 bucks. The change fee was $250.00 and the O/W's MIA-RDU-MIA were $67.00 each. So another $134. I was able to use the 10% discount on MIA-RDU leg So in all I spent an extra $404. No change in the waitlist as per EXP desk.

MIA-RDU 703
RDU-ORD 646
ORD DEL 7478
DEL-ORD 7478
ORD-RDU 646
RDU-MIA 703

Total Base Miles 17,654

Total Bonus EQM: 32,496
Total Bonus RDM: 48,744
Trip Total RDM miles: 51,556

$404/16,248 reflects 0.02 per additional EQM
$404/32,496 reflects 0.01 per additional RDM

If I missed something or if I am not correct in calculations let me know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.