Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Emergency fare rule question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2010, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M

This is really an emergency for me, unfrotunately. Anyhow, fare rules say:

05.Advance Res/ticketing
note - General Rule Does Not Apply

Reservations Are Required For All Sectors.

15.Sales Restrictions

Sale Is Restricted To Specific Agents.

Extension Of Ticket Validity Is Not Permitted.

Note -

Fares Are Valid For Sales Via The Internet Only

-web Selling-

Ticket Must Be Issued On A9 Stock/plate

Now, these dear people restrict sales on internet for 3 days advance purchases. Is there any magic I can pull on them and make them sell me a tix for this Sunday (2 days)?

Any immediate answer is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:51 am
Original Poster

What I mean is this: if I request to get ticketed on a fare that can be ticketed according to their general rules (which won't apply anyway) and the fare rules then they can't deny issuing a ticket, right? Essentially limiting their online agent is exactly this denial, isn't it?

Also, I'm not an .... I'm trying to book this ticket for more than two weeks but their system craps out on my perfectly valid cards (my bank says they won't even get a reuest for the charge) - and their customer service is almost literally nonexistent.

So anyone, please?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by FrankTalk
So anyone, please?
You have not listed a carrier, and since this has nothing to do with a MR.. its not in the right place.

RBP the post and ask the mod to move to the forum of the carrier you are trying to use. You will have better luck in that forum.

good luck, and I hope your emergency works out for everyone.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:05 am
Original Poster

I'm sorry, it's in the text: A9/AirZena Georgian Airways. I'd be hard pressed to find the proper forum for that. :]

Also the question seems to be quite general to me: can a carrier use online software limitations to enforce otherwise non-existent advance purchase rules? Because I was told in their head office that these limitations exists exactly for that reason. There is no word about this anywhere on their site, they simply refuse to search within 3 days.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by FrankTalk
I'm sorry, it's in the text: A9/AirZena Georgian Airways. I'd be hard pressed to find the proper forum for that. :]
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...-programs-469/
Old Jun 25, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Where did you get the fare rules? I guess it would surprise me under any circumstances if you were able to buy an emergency fare online. I would think those usually fall under a few categories (bereavement, etc) and you would have to talk to a person at the airline, and perhaps provide documentation.

Have you tried calling/emailing them and explaining?
http://www.airzena.com/index.php?m=159
[email protected]

Or asking an authorized travel agent?
http://www.airzena.com/index.php?m=156

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.