Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] CO: DCA-ONT $147.80 ai ($.029 cpeqm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond

Same day turn around. L fare works for earning UA EQMs on CO too! 330 days.
I checked one date in April so far and it works.

Last edited by 236Dakota; Mar 4, 2010 at 9:06 pm Reason: Adjusted for Falling Prices
Old Mar 3, 2010, 2:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Thank you! Thank you, Thank you! 10K miles for $374. Ive booked two flights already Both in April.
Is there any chance to get better seats? Most of my seats are in rows 20 and higher, as a US Plat *A Gold is there any chance of getting seats in rows 6-10?
Old Mar 3, 2010, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by bwiadca
Thank you! Thank you, Thank you! 10K miles for $374. Ive booked two flights already Both in April.
Is there any chance to get better seats? Most of my seats are in rows 20 and higher, as a US Plat *A Gold is there any chance of getting seats in rows 6-10?
I haven't flown CO. I'm a UA 1K so I'm going to call and see if that can be done before day of travel.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Same day turn around, $.02504 cpeqm. L fare works for earning UA EQMs on CO too! 330 days.
I checked one date in April so far and it works.
That's a nice fare, but how are you getting 7500 miles out of it (working backwards from your fare and your cpm that seems to be the miles you think you accrue)? One stop DCA-IAH-ONT is 5083 miles round trip, which works out to 3.69 cents per EQM. Does this fare allow triple connections? Most cheap fares on CO do not. Also, I think I found the date in April you mentioned and this fare implies one stop at IAH (if you had more stops it would be slightly higher due to additional PFCs, taxes, etc.)

Originally Posted by bwiadca
I haven't flown CO. I'm a UA 1K so I'm going to call and see if that can be done before day of travel.
UA and CO will be implementing official upgrade and premium-seating reciprocity later this year. I think the official answer will be that it depends on when you travel...if it's after the implementation date, you not only could get a better economy seat, but you'd be eligible for free unlimited upgrades.

As far as I know, bwiadca, unfortunately US elites have *no* official seating privileges on CO. According to this link, you would have *G privileges like priority checkin/boarding and extra baggage allowance, but nothing is mentioned about better seating. Still, it couldn't hurt to ask at the counter or gate and see if the *G status will get you something there.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 2:45 pm

I found the same fare in late September and early October as well.

Good find and thanks for posting.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
any day of week restrictions?
Old Mar 3, 2010, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
any day of week restrictions?
I found it on most days but very few seats.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
Got it.

I purchased a same day return from DCA to ONT on CO in April for $187.80. It was also available out of RIChmond.
Thanks for the tip.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, I may have gotten the miles wrong, but that's what they added up to when I booked. But, I was booked in 6 F all the way through, premium.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:34 pm

Hoping for a DL match.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA 1P, BA Silver
Which routing do you guys use to get 2 cents per miles? Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
When its ticketed, it will assign seats (if you haven't selected, I guess) in the premium area based on your 1K status. I think we'll be included by April in their upgrade process, although I wouldn't hold my breath that we'll see much success
Old Mar 3, 2010, 7:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Orion when are you flying? I'm doing my first run April 17th and coming back on the redeye (1:15am flight back).
Old Mar 3, 2010, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
BWIADCA. I am flying out of DCA to ONT via IAH on Saturday, April 17, and returning after two hours ground time at destination. I saw the early a.m. flight but it was not available when I booked. I look forward to meeting you.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:25 pm

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Same day turn 4/21 Weds. $177. I'm going to try for a weekend one. Midweek doesn't work for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.