Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA/AA/DL/CO/US: NYC/ORD/SFO/LAX/OTHER-FREEPORT fr $102 ai plus 4nts hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] UA/AA/DL/CO/US: NYC/ORD/SFO/LAX/OTHER-FREEPORT fr $102 ai plus 4nts hotel

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Are we sure these fares are eligible to earn miles and EQM/MQM? It's not some sort of bare consolidator fare?

P.S. This deal is splashed across Expedia: http://www.expedia.com/daily/promos/...&inid1=361173&
There's a spot to enter your FF account on Expedia, and I got booked in Q class on AA. So unless there's some unwritten undisclosed policy, you will earn miles.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
I remember seeing that some of the ferry companies did day trips from Nassau to Eleuthera (I think?). Is there anything like from Freeport? Maybe to Andros? I tried this deal on some of the Out Islands, but the hotels are just so much more expensive. It would still be a good deal though if you were already planning on going to the Bahamas and just wanted to save money.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:26 am
Suspended

No deals from BOS seemingly.

Last edited by Dieuwer; Mar 2, 2010 at 10:28 am
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:36 am

Programs: OZ Silver, SPG Blue
$265 from Buffalo in 3rd week of september

Last edited by anopenscroll; Mar 2, 2010 at 9:44 am
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
You would probably need to nest a 4 day trip on your own dime to SFO and then return back each time.
Nice deal, but nesting doesn't seem feasible.

Originally Posted by awpeters
If you are FLL based (or get yourself there) and pay the cost of one-way back from FPO-FLL, you can presumably fly this route for free over and over again. -- if you can get the dates to work, which I haven't tried.

i.e.
3/1 fly down on promo free #1
3/1-2 fly up paid on your own dime
3/4-5 fly down on promo free #2
3/5 fly up on promo free #1
3/7-8 fly down on promo free #3
3/8 fly up on promo free #2
etc.

If dates work, could probably prevent overnights--maybe even return on the same plane you came down on...

I would be curious to know if someone FLL based can actually get this to work and rack up a ton of EQS. (or 1000 eqm each R/T).
Wow, so interesting if someone from FLL could actually pull this off, but IMO 100 miles or the elite 500 min. miles would not be worth it to keep going back and forth to the airport all the time.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: *Gold
Probably a silly question, but at what point in the booking do you enter the promotion code?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by unityofsaints
Probably a silly question, but at what point in the booking do you enter the promotion code?
It's near the end, right above where you put your cc info.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: WN,DL,BA
The 143 unit Island Palm is an intimate hotel retreat located in the heart of Freeport. The property provides easy access to shopping, restaurants, golf courses, and attractions. The on premises activities desk can book all island excursions, golf tee times, dinner shows, and much more. Guests can enjoy parasailing, boating, and horseback riding nearby. The hotel is located less than a block away from the post office, banks, and retail stores. The Island Palm rooms feature queen sized beds, a poinciana and hibiscus motif, rattan furniture, and natural tile floors. Rooms feature a view of the courtyard garden areas and pool. The tropically landscaped courtyard of the Island Palm features a brand new restaurant, beautiful pool, pool bar and snack bar, gift shop, and more. The property has complimentary Internet access in the lobby, and rooms also feature coffee service, satellite cable tv and phones. The Port Lucaya Marketplace is just a few minutes from the hotel, and the Island Palm features a free shuttle to The Lucaya Marketplace, as well as to the beautiful private beach at the Island Seas Resort. Please note that all rates are subject to government tax and resort fees of USD 15.00 per person, per night, to be paid at check-in. The Island Palm Resort Hotel has a 24-hour front desk for your convenience. All rates are subject to government tax and resort fees of $15 per person, per night, to be paid at check-in. The Island Palm Resort Hotel has a 24-hour front desk for your convenience. All rates are subject to government tax and resort fees of $15 per person, per night, to be paid at check-in. Grand Bahama Island is an ecological wonder waiting to be discovered. Endless beaches, emerald green water, charming fishing villages and enchanting marine life are just some of the attractions that make this island a unique destination. There is something for everyone on Grand Bahama Island.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
No deals from BOS seemingly.
Pretty much any weekend I tried last night could be had for $170ai.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: WN,DL,BA
Originally Posted by Hertz4me
The 143 unit Island Palm is an intimate hotel retreat located in the heart of Freeport. The property provides easy access to shopping, restaurants, golf courses, and attractions. The on premises activities desk can book all island excursions, golf tee times, dinner shows, and much more. Guests can enjoy parasailing, boating, and horseback riding nearby. The hotel is located less than a block away from the post office, banks, and retail stores. The Island Palm rooms feature queen sized beds, a poinciana and hibiscus motif, rattan furniture, and natural tile floors. Rooms feature a view of the courtyard garden areas and pool. The tropically landscaped courtyard of the Island Palm features a brand new restaurant, beautiful pool, pool bar and snack bar, gift shop, and more. The property has complimentary Internet access in the lobby, and rooms also feature coffee service, satellite cable tv and phones. The Port Lucaya Marketplace is just a few minutes from the hotel, and the Island Palm features a free shuttle to The Lucaya Marketplace, as well as to the beautiful private beach at the Island Seas Resort. Please note that all rates are subject to government tax and resort fees of USD 15.00 per person, per night, to be paid at check-in. The Island Palm Resort Hotel has a 24-hour front desk for your convenience. All rates are subject to government tax and resort fees of $15 per person, per night, to be paid at check-in. The Island Palm Resort Hotel has a 24-hour front desk for your convenience. All rates are subject to government tax and resort fees of $15 per person, per night, to be paid at check-in. Grand Bahama Island is an ecological wonder waiting to be discovered. Endless beaches, emerald green water, charming fishing villages and enchanting marine life are just some of the attractions that make this island a unique destination. There is something for everyone on Grand Bahama Island.

so basically your paying $15 per person for govt tax, 2 X $30 X 4 nights=$120 for two people ouch!!!!!!
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum
Anyone getting good deals out of California?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat; CO Gold; AS MVPG; SPG Gold; PC Gold AMB
I'm very sad - I'm not a US citizen (I'm a student with F-1 visa) and so going to Bahamas requires visa application, which is inconvenient for me.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:32 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
so basically your paying $15 per person for govt tax, 2 X $30 X 4 nights=$120 for two people ouch!!!!!!
If you're traveling with your sigificant other/spouse you'll probably want to be in the same room but my friend and I each booked our package separately to get the full $400 off each package (each came to $2.49) so for $62.49 each we get our own rooms for four nights, and airfare. Worked for me.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:32 pm

Programs: OZ Silver, SPG Blue
Ouch indeed.. that throws the price out of whack Does Expedia not "include" this fee?
Old Mar 2, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by tc fly girl
If you're traveling with your sigificant other/spouse you'll probably want to be in the same room but my friend and I each booked our package separately to get the full $400 off each package (each came to $2.49) so for $62.49 each we get our own rooms for four nights, and airfare. Worked for me.
I would guess that if you want to be in the same room, that you could check in for yourself, have your spouse no-show for his/her room, and then both use the 1 room (with spouse not being present for check-in). That way you'd only have to fork over the "resort fee" for one person.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.