Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] AA: EWR-LAX r/t $179 a/i ($79 ow)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] AA: EWR-LAX r/t $179 a/i ($79 ow)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2010, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Clearly this is a cargo rate, not intended for passengers. The fare code is H26, but they have it listed as being in the Y cabin - clearly wrong!

If you actually book this rate odds are at check-in they will just stick a baggage check tag on your forehead and throw you down onto the conveyor belt.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
I'm not sure about HPN, but I know LGA/JFK are possible for same-day confirmed, free of charge, as long as your routing stays within the fare rules.

Anyone have the routing rules for this H26 fare?
Refer to post number 22 for H26 fare rules
Old Jan 9, 2010, 1:28 pm

merge with other thread?

Confused
we've been discussing this fare since last night:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...r-t-179-i.html

Mods, perhaps these should be merged?
Old Jan 9, 2010, 2:30 pm

Programs: 2MM, EXP
I think these fares are gone

Is anyone else able to book a NEW reservation?
Old Jan 9, 2010, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Stephentao
Is anyone else able to book a NEW reservation?
yup, gone as of 3 mins ago
Old Jan 9, 2010, 2:33 pm

Fare gone, I believe.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 2:37 pm

yup. flights up to 109 now. glad i put one on hold last night. now to find cheap lodging before i can book it.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
I think $ 79 fare is gone. Earliest availabilies seem to be around january 19 and the lowest fare is now $ 109
Old Jan 9, 2010, 2:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
I think $ 79 fare is gone. Earliest availabilies seem to be around january 19 and the lowest fare is now $ 109
Glad I got booked and ticketed and upgraded in time
Old Jan 9, 2010, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by awpeters
What do you mean? I've got several same day turns (well ok, 12:55am arrival next day if you want to be picky ):

May 15:

7:30AM EST EWR-DFW arr 10:30AM CST
12:05PM CST EWR-LAX arr 1:30PM PST
-- Lunch --
2:55PM PST LAX-ORD arr 8:50PM CST
9:55PM CST ORD-EWR arr 12:55AM EST

EDIT: did not see Mr. Bean meant Non-Stop. Still same day turn that earns more miles
Yes I am also curious.... and also curious about HPN?
Be careful about reliance on Stand By from Co-Terminal rule. It works most of the time but sometimes the fare is airport specific. I learned the hard way once, strugling to make it from LGA over to EWR in time for my flight. I would ask AA agent VERY specifically. Also remember you have no guarantee that you will get a Stand by flight into your airport of origin, so if you leave your car at LGA or JFK and are not able to return to LGA/JFK the hike from EWR is gruesom and/or expensive
Old Jan 9, 2010, 3:14 pm
G*G

Fare is actually still there but there's no H class bookable for months on AA119/114... They may have pulled availability pending fare updates across all GDS/CRS - this is more instant than all the systems that need updating to modifying fares across all channels.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 2mg
I hope they honor the fare. Seems pretty cheap for a RT transcon flight.
OFCOURSE they will honor the fare . If you have a PNR, You have a contract and you had "reasonable expectations" that the fare was good when you committed. If the fare had been 79 cents the outcome may be different.
This is AA and AA is not going to dispute $ 79 in any case.
Fare gone as of 2 hours ago. Now $ 109
Old Jan 9, 2010, 3:37 pm

Glad I got booked and ticketed and upgraded in time
When i upgrade using 500 mile upgrade which i havent done in ages, since i havent flown domestic, do they confirm it right away, of course as long as there is space available? or do we have to wait till the 72 hr period (for me cuz i am a AA PLT)?
Old Jan 9, 2010, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
When i upgrade using 500 mile upgrade which i havent done in ages, since i havent flown domestic, do they confirm it right away, of course as long as there is space available? or do we have to wait till the 72 hr period (for me cuz i am a AA PLT)?
You are right.
72 hours for Platinum with 500 mile stickers.
100 Hours for Executive Platinum. Free - no stickers. All subject to F availability of course
Old Jan 9, 2010, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by AAflyguy
yup. flights up to 109 now. glad i put one on hold last night. now to find cheap lodging before i can book it.
This is fully refundable. No need to be so trigger shy. You don't really have it until its ticketed, so good luck, but who knows if your hold is still good now.

Be careful about reliance on Stand By from Co-Terminal rule. It works most of the time but sometimes the fare is airport specific. I learned the hard way once, strugling to make it from LGA over to EWR in time for my flight. I would ask AA agent VERY specifically. Also remember you have no guarantee that you will get a Stand by flight into your airport of origin, so if you leave your car at LGA or JFK and are not able to return to LGA/JFK the hike from EWR is gruesom and/or expensive
A quarter of the way through the fare rules:

"PASSENGERS TICKETED IN Y/B/H INVENTORIES MAY CONFIRM TRAVEL WITHIN 12 HOURS OF THE ALTERNATE FLIGHT/S DEPARTURE TIME FREE OF CHARGE."

Unfortunately I don't believe HPN works, but should be able to *CONFIRM* change into H availability, not just standby from LGA/JFK and SNA/BUR (others co-term with LAX?).

Last edited by Surgee; Jan 9, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.