Search

MR through Canada?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2009, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA, IC Royal Amb, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis First
MR through Canada?

Hi everyone,

I have a SLC-NYC trip coming up, and I found a $400 five segment option that would take me through YYZ.

My question is not on the logistics or sanity of this particular option (it's not sane, I freely admit that) but I'm wondering if I can expect to be hassled by Canadian customs if I fly in from the USA and immediately turn around and fly back. Has anyone else done this? If so, what was your experience?
Old Dec 10, 2009, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Are you a NEXUS member? If so, you're golden! No problems at all.

If you are not a NEXUS member, expect some hassle from CBSA, including showing proof (onward ticket) that you are in transit. Also be prepared to answer questions about why you are flying that itinerary, how you paid for your trip, what business you are in, whether you have a significant other in Canada, etc.

I did MRs via Canada for one summer before I realized how much my life would be better with NEXUS. I am now a member, and it pays for itself every time I transit through YYZ!

(Plus, NEXUS members get GlobalEntry for free!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.