Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

UA: SFO-TPA $200 ai (12,896 miles + Fall DEQM = 1.65cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2009, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning

Update 9/4: Price drop on UA to $213 AI for SFO-IAD-TPA RT 12,896 MI

UA fares found from $213-$235 AI for various routings throughout new Fall DEQM period, all on UA metal: SFO-IAD-TPA RT/ON 6448 MI+DEQM=12,896.

Other routings, such as, SFO-ORD-TPA RT=5688 MI+2xDEQM. Easy same-day or ON trip with pretty good mileage/price for those looking for domestic MR's.

Be warned that many SFO-TPA pairings are via US Airways, so would not count for the DEQM.

Last edited by travelsavant; Sep 4, 2009 at 12:03 pm Reason: Price drop
Old Sep 3, 2009, 1:28 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by travelsavant
MR's.

Be warned that many SFO-TPA pairings are via US Airways, so would not count for the DEQM.
AND, you'd actually have to fly on US in COACH. Be afraid, very afraid.
Old Sep 3, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC*SE
OT but hmmm is US really that bad? I've got a flight with them in a few weeks heading into PHX. I'm generally on AC, or UA.. how bad can US really be?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:36 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
I would like the Double Miles. So UA is the way to go. Admittedly, USAir is an inferior product. But for a short flight they just don't seem that bad.
I am confused by the common negative comments that mention to be afraid, especially with USAir. Is this because the equipment is dangerous or is it fear of any coach product?
I expect NO SERVICE in ANY US airline economy product. So if I get a can of Coke, I'm thrilled!
Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2009, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Note, my warning re USAir was only mentioned in regard to UA DEQM non-qualifying segments; wasn't meant to start discussion on quality of flying with them...for that, go to USAir forum!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM & *A Gold
Fall DEQM?!

What is this I hear about a:

new Fall DEQM period,
The last I checked, there was a Double Miles period that ends Sept 15, but that was for flight miles, not EQM, or did I mis-read it? And what the "fall period"?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 7:54 pm

Programs: UA 1MM & *A Gold
Love that DEQM

Just found it. Wow, changes my plans for sure.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
It all depends on where the AC comes from, is it a HP aircraft, thier Airbus Y seats are LIGHT years ahead that of the US Airways Y seats in the airbus....

Originally Posted by CdnFlier
OT but hmmm is US really that bad? I've got a flight with them in a few weeks heading into PHX. I'm generally on AC, or UA.. how bad can US really be?
Old Sep 5, 2009, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by wayan
What is this I hear about a:

The last I checked, there was a Double Miles period that ends Sept 15, but that was for flight miles, not EQM, or did I mis-read it? And what the "fall period"?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...49-mpw059.html
Old Sep 5, 2009, 10:02 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie

UA fares found from $213-$235 AI for various routings throughout new Fall DEQM period, all on UA metal: SFO-IAD-TPA RT/ON 6448 MI+DEQM=12,896.

Other routings, such as, SFO-ORD-TPA RT=5688 MI+2xDEQM. Easy same-day or ON trip with pretty good mileage/price for those looking for domestic MR's.

route it sfo-lax*-iad-tpa/tpa-iad-sfo and it's 6,827 (x2=13,654) and it's all on ua mainline and no c-argh-j's for $224/$234 a/i. booked 3 yesterday via the bomb and if you can't get tpa, try jax (again, all on ua tho a net of 358 less eqm's and a net of 716 less with deqm's)

*redeye

Originally Posted by CdnFlier
i won't set phoot on us simply because of e- and especially under a ua promo as there is the codeshare issue and having the promo not be valid

Last edited by goalie; Sep 6, 2009 at 9:52 am
Old Sep 5, 2009, 8:03 pm

Programs: PMUA
Can you post the dates that you picked to travel? I need couple mileage runs from IAD, but I can't find tickets for price you posted.
Old Sep 5, 2009, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Karlson
Can you post the dates that you picked to travel? I need couple mileage runs from IAD, but I can't find tickets for price you posted.
Routing only works west-to-east, but there were dates open in every month thru Fall DEQM & as Goalie pointed out, going SFO-LAX-IAD-TPA & return nets you an additional 1000 miles. I found it easier to do month-long search on www.itasoftware.com, find the date that worked for me & go to UA & book.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 7:15 am

Programs: PMUA
Thanks a lot for a link. It makes it much easier to pick!
Old Sep 6, 2009, 9:02 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Karlson
Routing only works west-to-east, but there were dates open in every month thru Fall DEQM & as Goalie pointed out, going SFO-LAX-IAD-TPA & return nets you an additional 1000 miles. I found it easier to do month-long search on www.itasoftware.com, find the date that worked for me & go to UA & book.
travelsavant is correct about ita but where i have done this route before, i simply went to the bomb as i knew the routing so if you would like a tootise-pop ......oct 19/20, oct 26/67 & nov 4/5 (n.b. those are the dates that worked for me but other midweek dates work as well )
Old Sep 6, 2009, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by goalie
travelsavant is correct about ita but where i have done this route before, i simply went to the bomb as i knew the routing so if you would like a tootise-pop ......oct 19/20, oct 26/67 & nov 4/5 (n.b. those are the dates that worked for me but other midweek dates work as well )
Hey Goalie, I'm flying SFO-IAD-TPA 11/4-5 too; moving from lowly 1P to 1K with TPA run, how about you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.