Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP - PSP $176 all in on NW / DL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

MSP - PSP $176 all in on NW / DL

I found a fare of $176 all in for MSP-PSP on NW / DL, for travel in June. Other dates might work as well.

This isn't low enough for a pure mileage run, but it could make a great "fun run", especially given how high fares to / from PSP normally are.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
It's pretty good for coming out of MSP. I saw some one return routing PSP-SFO-SEA-MSP that generated quite a few miles.

I didn't play with DL routings, but seems lots of times you can find an odd one via ATL, and that would be even better.

Romelle
Old Apr 7, 2009, 8:15 am

Programs: NWA Platinum Elite, Million miler plus
Best I see is $201. What dates are you looking at?
Old Apr 7, 2009, 8:22 am

Programs: UA and SPG are the two primary ones these days
That is pretty AMAZING for a flight of any distance into PSP. My family has a place in Palm Desert and I think we've flown directly there ONCE; usually we have to trek from ONT, SNA, or worst of all LAX.

Also, this is still "peak season"...this area is a GREAT destination for those of you who have never been there!
Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:44 am
Original Member

oh poo...looks like it's just to fill the N/S while it still exists (normal $350 and up from Detroit)
Old Apr 7, 2009, 11:03 am
Original Poster

I'm seeing $200 all in now, too. Departure 3 June, return 9 June, via SLC both ways.

It's a shame DL* doesn't fly PSP-LAX any more - that would have opened up more circtuitous routings!

For those of you who are wondering: Yes, PSP is still a great place to visit in June, despite the heat. 110 degrees in PSP, with minimal humidity, is more tolerable than 85 degrees with high humidity in the Midwest, especially because it cools off at night. And, if the heat really gets to you, you can always take the aerial tram to the 8,000 foot level of Mount San Jacinto, where temperatures can be chilly even in June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.