Wiki Posts
Search

UA: SAN-MCO 247 a/i ~3.91 cpEQM nov/dec

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2008, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, Alaska MVP Gold
UA: SAN-MCO 247 a/i ~3.91 cpEQM nov/dec

multi-city routings, look at midweek and you want L fares. try to red-eye to ORD and come back through the nation's capital then cub-town then to san diego.

i found dates in late november and through mid-december.

play with routings to get a better CPEQM, 3.91 isn't bad for SAN right now but sure isn't great either.

1K 125% RDM bonus gets you ~14,000 miles though
Old Nov 8, 2008, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold
Originally Posted by UCBeau

1K 125% RDM bonus gets you ~14,000 miles though
OK, I'll bite, how do I get 125% RDM bonus versus 100%.....
Old Nov 8, 2008, 8:41 pm

Which website did you use to book this? What dates were you using?

I am challenged when it comes to duplicating the great mileage runs I see here. Yesterday I checked SMF to MCO and the fare had jumped from 295 to over $500.00.

Do you use the "multi city" option to do this or just put in san to mco? HELP
Old Nov 9, 2008, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nzpilot
OK, I'll bite, how do I get 125% RDM bonus versus 100%.....
shows how long it's been since i checked the 1K rdm bonus, i didnt even realize it was now 100%. my bad.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hot2trot
Which website did you use to book this? What dates were you using?

I am challenged when it comes to duplicating the great mileage runs I see here. Yesterday I checked SMF to MCO and the fare had jumped from 295 to over $500.00.

Do you use the "multi city" option to do this or just put in san to mco? HELP
you use multi-city on united.com. also use a site like http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch to check routings.

i'd recommend doing a search in this forum and the MR Discussion forum for tips/tricks on how to use that engine as it'll save you a lot of time in finding good routings for your mileage runs.

ITA will help you with dates too, it's a nifty tool. part of finding the mileage run of your choice is doing the legwork and getting routings you need.

for example, on this one, i found SAN-LAX-ORD-MCO-IAD-ORD-SAN as a halfway decent routing. now i may change the dates and play around with it to get something better, like SAN-SFO-LAX-ORD-MCO-IAD-ORD-SFO-SAN, as an example of a "killer" MR routing. the trick becomes to marry certain segments when you use a site like united.com. it's also exponentially harder to find fares in the cheap buckets (L fares, T fares) that will allow you to make this a cost effective mileage run.

YMMV.
Old Nov 9, 2008, 11:09 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat
forgive me but is there a thread on FT that can teach me how to use ITA? I have no clue how you guys are using this to figure out great MR routings but I would like to take advantage of this one as SAN is one of my home airports and I need to get to MCO
Old Nov 10, 2008, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

there's a thread in the Mileage Run Discussion forum that answers your questions, it's on the first page of the FAQ thread ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.