Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Cheap Star Alliance MRs ex-Europe FRA, ZRH, LHR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu

Most MRs posted here are originating from airports in the U.S. so we need to find cheap tickets to the US to be able to get there. With the high Euro value I find it more and more difficult.

Getting award Economy seats to the US via MUC, FRA, ZRH and LHR is practically impossible especially at this time of the year. I tried to find seats to the US to do the EZE run. The result was NIL.

Are there ever anymore reasonably priced MRs starting from Europe or cheap fares to get us to the MRs starting points in the U.S.?

I am looking between September and December. I still need a lot of EQMs. Cheap airfares to the main US hubs seem to be non-existing nowadays.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:47 am

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
I saw some fares from LHR--US yesterday that were decent. Not sure if you can get PL UK to do it's thing or if any of them are bookable on the south american site. I found them with Farecompare's new tool.

halothane
Old Jul 16, 2008, 11:50 am

Check London for a gateway - 620$ RT to NYC, 760 to LAX...
If you want a premium class run then check airfare to New Zealand - Business Class RT (60k miles with 200% COS bonus) can be found for around 5k$ and is enough to score a *G in one trip.
Or a trip in First to NRT with *A new member - Egypt Air.
Old Jul 16, 2008, 2:21 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Lack
Or a trip in First to NRT with *A new member - Egypt Air.
I can only second MS-even though a dry airline, very good chance for status miles and to get to a cheaper start points in asia.
E.g. use MS to get one way to either KUL or BKK from Germany- ca. 650 Euro, then either take the AC fare to the states or hop to CMB and use SQ and VS to get to NYC for less than 1800 Euro.All in C.

cheers

Last edited by E3A-Sentry; Jul 16, 2008 at 10:13 pm Reason: Price change to the cmb-jfk fare(i mixed up euro and dollar)-still not bad for flying SQ A380 in C
Old Jul 19, 2008, 11:53 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold RIP); Airpoints Gold Elite; Flying Blue Gold; Emirates, Gold; Qantas, Platinum
Not sure if they are worth it, but LX offers MAN-BSL in their near-empty service in C for about £80 one-way. You have to look fairly far ahead (about three weeks), but they score 2,000 status miles. Unfortunately the MAN-BSL is not daily.

Cheaper fares on MAN-ZRH may appear as they are putting the bigger A319 on the route instead of the Fokker 100 this winter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.