Search

PLEASE! Help With MR IND-RNO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2007, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K
PLEASE! Help With MR IND-RNO

Hi guys,

I was wondering if any of you can help find a good MR from IND to RNO. Im looking to fly out there march 2nd and return march 5th. I'm a CO silver elite so it would be nice to fly with them or with any other Skyteam airline.

I have been trying to look up something myself by doing multicity itineraies but nothing good comes out. so can someone please help me out??? I am really new to this!

thanks

Anwar
Old Feb 13, 2007, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold, 1 MM
Welcome to FT, atcanobbio ^

Read the MR stickies and particularly study the parts about using ITA software. A very elementary understanding of the software should allow you to put together cheap and lucrative runs provided you can find the good fares (think www.farecompare.com) in the first place.

Good luck!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL PM/KM, AC *G, AS MVP-100K
Assuming this is a "maximize the miles on a trip I'm taking anyway" request rather than a "pure" MR....

Check routings on DL using ITA:
IND :: DL DL DL DL+
RNO :: DL DL DL DL+

Interesting multicity possibilities, including for $364:
IND-CVG-ORD-ATL-RNO
RNO-LAX-TPA-CVG-IND
which should yield around 8647 miles before bonuses, or $0.042 per mile; OnePass EQMs, of course, are half that. Note that the LAX-TPA is a redeye, so arrival in IND is 3/6.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Since apparently few restrictions and other pertinent information are required, I recommend flying full F on CO for $3900+.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 6:40 pm

Programs: nada
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
Since apparently few restrictions and other pertinent information are required, I recommend flying full F on CO for $3900+.
What about routing to use as many Skyteam hubs as possible? How about IND-IAH-CDG-JNB-AMS-SVO-JFK-ATL-MIA-PTY-GRU-IAH-DTW-MSP-CVG-RNO?
Obviously, that is missing a few hubs and routes, but thats just a good starter routing to consider for some extra miles....and without even using asia!
Just shy of a full 75k miles to get plat, too...maybe another short run would fill in the rest.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 2:56 am

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by crnk
What about routing to use as many Skyteam hubs as possible? How about IND-IAH-CDG-JNB-AMS-SVO-JFK-ATL-MIA-PTY-GRU-IAH-DTW-MSP-CVG-RNO?
Obviously, that is missing a few hubs and routes, but thats just a good starter routing to consider for some extra miles....and without even using asia!
Just shy of a full 75k miles to get plat, too...maybe another short run would fill in the rest.
ROTFL...
Old Feb 14, 2007, 6:13 am

Programs: HH Silver IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by crnk
What about MXP on AZ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.