Community
Wiki Posts
Search

West coast to FRA $484 all in on NW

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2007, 11:48 am
Original Poster

West coast to FRA $484 all in on NW

I just got this email from Northwest and thought I would share it.

Originally Posted by NW
NWA E-mail subscribers can purchase exclusive fares as low as $159* each-way from select cities in the 48 contiguous United States to London, Paris or Frankfurt. Enjoy Valentine's Day in one of these romantic cities. The price is right and the time is now! Tickets must be purchased at nwa.com no later than January 30, 2007. Outbound travel is permitted through March 15, 2007 and all travel must be completed by March 31, 2007.

See the Zone Chart below to find the airfare for your trip.

Zone Each-way Fare *1
A $159
B $174
C $179

*Fares shown are each-way per person in Coach Class, require a roundtrip purchase and are available only at nwa.com. Fares shown are in USD and do not include Passenger Facility Charges of up to $18 roundtrip and September 11 th Security Fee of up to $10 roundtrip. Fares do not include departure/arrival, customs and immigration fees of up to $120USD ($217USD for travel on or after February 1, 2007).

1 Some portion of the service may be operated by Mesaba, Pinnacle, KLM or KLM cityhopper Airlines. Travel via Northwest Flights 4300-4499 is not permitted.

Zone Definitions:

Zone A: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Maine, Missouri, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Vermont, Washington DC and West Virginia
Zone B: North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin
Zone C: Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming
To book, you go to this link:
http://www.nwa.com/features/tatlwdja...intro.tatlcert

I tried some sample dates, and got about $484 all-in from the west coast to FRA (routing LAX-MEM-DTW-FRA both ways). This works out to about 3.7c per EQM.

Obviously, it can also be done from east coast or elsewhere, but not quite such a good mileage run from there.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 1:18 pm

Outstanding! If only I lived on that Coast. Sigh.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat
I believe you have to be signed up for the NWA emails and have received that email to be eligible for the sale. Last year there was a similar sale on fares to Asia, and I was trying to arrange a family trip, only to find family members who did not receive the email were not able to get the sale fares.
Old Jan 26, 2007, 2:07 pm

As an FYI - DL has similar (in some cases lower) fares on the same routes, and you don't have to be a WP member or signed up for their newsletter.
Old Jan 27, 2007, 7:44 pm

Programs: Alas, the Gravy Train Hath Ended...just happy to be an OW Sapphire and a ST Ivory...whatever
Will CO match?
Old Jan 27, 2007, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: NW Plat, UA 2P, DL FO, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
No changes permitted?? I'll pass. Stuff comes up and that's still a decent amount of money to loose out on if you can't go.
Old Jan 29, 2007, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, BD GE
I'm pulling up 380 all in from LAX today with a PK075. That's 3.1c/mile.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 10:24 am

Even cheaper on AA.
Old Jan 30, 2007, 11:01 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by best
Even cheaper on AA.
AA also allows for some very creative air-routings stateside, and/or some very creative codeshare routings (DB ICE trains) onward into Germany, all for that same cheaper price. ^ ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.