Wiki Posts
Search

Help with MR: CO from IAH; need 5000 miles

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2006, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Help with MR: CO from IAH; need 5000 miles

Hi all,

I would appreciate any hints on how to find a good mileage run from IAH on CO for 5000 miles total. I have not been able to find anything cheap.

Thanks,
David
Old Dec 20, 2006, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
What is your budget, time-constraints, etc?
Old Dec 20, 2006, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Good question.

I'm looking to spend no more than $500 and my date ranges are 12/23/06 - 12/26/06 and 12/29/06 - 12/31/06 (return). I prefer a one day trip, but will do 2 if needed.

Thanks,
David
Old Dec 20, 2006, 8:50 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Have you looked at flights out of AUS and SAT to WN dominated markets (e.g. OAK, BWI, PHL, etc.?)

The stickies have a good point w/r/t starting MR's at a hub: it's hard to do at times - and not just for CO at IAH but others too (e.g. AA at DFW, UA at ORD, NW at MSP, DL at CVG ...you get the idea)
Old Dec 21, 2006, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
You could also do a turn in London (or spend a Saturday there). I often travel there for a quick weekend after work. You can catch CO 4 at 6:55pm on a Friday, and CO 4 (returning from LGW) at 12:40pm on Sunday. Gives you a full day Saturday and early Sunday in London. CO presently has fares to LGW for under $450 all-in.

Though never *Cheap*...LON is cheapest in winter. You could likely get a decent hotel deal via priceline this time of year.
Old Dec 24, 2006, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

ALCO. Thanks for the great tip. I found a $484 (total with tax, title, and license) fare from IAH to LGW 12/29/06 - 1/1/07. I needed 4500 miles to reach Gold for next year and will get the remainder to start off the new qualification cycle. Plus I get to experience New Years eve in London!

David

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
You could also do a turn in London (or spend a Saturday there). I often travel there for a quick weekend after work. You can catch CO 4 at 6:55pm on a Friday, and CO 4 (returning from LGW) at 12:40pm on Sunday. Gives you a full day Saturday and early Sunday in London. CO presently has fares to LGW for under $450 all-in.

Though never *Cheap*...LON is cheapest in winter. You could likely get a decent hotel deal via priceline this time of year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.