Wiki Posts
Search

Need help with a couple of MRs on AC

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2006, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Skywards Platinum; Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Need help with a couple of MRs on AC

Well its that time of the year. I have flown mostly on EK this time, and now am in dire need of approx 37k (I am currently at 63k) miles to maintain my SE status (for AC) for next year before 31st Dec.

I have a YYZ-NRT flight mid-month ( I could do YYZ-KIX via YVR if that gets me more miles)

And then I think i need to do a couple of MRs in order to maintain my SE status.

Any recommendations? I was thinking YYZ-BKK. What is the best routing for the most miles on this sector?

Thanks in advance for your input / comments.

* all flights will be taken in Y. (lowest fare available)
** based out of YYZ
*** MR flights will be taken at the end of Nov and early Dec
Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:58 am

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by torontoflyer
Well its that time of the year. I have flown mostly on EK this time, and now am in dire need of approx 37k (I am currently at 63k) miles to maintain my SE status (for AC) for next year before 31st Dec.

I have a YYZ-NRT flight mid-month ( I could do YYZ-KIX via YVR if that gets me more miles)

And then I think i need to do a couple of MRs in order to maintain my SE status.

Any recommendations? I was thinking YYZ-BKK. What is the best routing for the most miles on this sector?

Thanks in advance for your input / comments.

* all flights will be taken in Y. (lowest fare available)
** based out of YYZ
*** MR flights will be taken at the end of Nov and early Dec
The YYZ-NRT segment gets you around 12k, so you are still short 25k.

A YYZ-BKK run gets you around maybe 18k, on the basis of 7800 from YYZ-HKG and around 1000 from HKG-BKK.

couple of suggestions:

1) Try to go YYZ-YVR-NRT-YVR-YYZ with your NRT trip, which gets you around 2000 additional miles, and
2) Consider going to SIN on UA. A permitted routing YYZ-ORD-HKG-SIN, which would get you around 20k. You can usually get the HKG-SIN segment, if purchased separately, for a very good price at a HK agency like www.lotus-tours.com. Better yet, call UA and see if you can go YYZ-SFO-HKG-SIN.

There is no non-stop between KIX and YYZ, so you will need to go YYZ-YVR-KIX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.