Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$199 NYC-LON on DL ??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO
Im still not seeing any availability, except for the dates mentioned.. Have you found any weekend availability ?
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:28 am

Programs: Delta DM
While on the phone with them they said that the fare was there and they could book it on there server, but I was unable to on three computers and four diff browsers. Always had the same error. Just added the 10$ phone charge for the flight. Two days in London won't be bad in Dec. Just for a quick MR, since I will already be in NYC for work, just tacked it on to the end of a trip.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:31 am

So at 0.04cents for bis mile alright in J? I know it isn't some 34$ RT in J to Cypress, but still, given that it usually is 3-5k for a J seat, i feel good about it.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Yea, def a good price. There's really next to nothing in terms of coach availability on here, still can't find anything and have been continuously putting in dates.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by nikbruno
Yea, def a good price. There's really next to nothing in terms of coach availability on here, still can't find anything and have been continuously putting in dates.
Check coack on Dec 7 dept dec 10th return. I had that come up for me when i was looking.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:47 am
Original Poster

That's over 500 now !

Ugh, this is such a waste of time. I'm in HKG and don't want to go to bed so I don't miss anything opening up !
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by iCorpRoadie
While on the phone with them they said that the fare was there and they could book it on there server, but I was unable to on three computers and four diff browsers. Always had the same error. Just added the 10$ phone charge for the flight. Two days in London won't be bad in Dec. Just for a quick MR, since I will already be in NYC for work, just tacked it on to the end of a trip.
Has anyone else had luck booking over the phone at the 304 fare? I found Nov 17-24 at Delta.com at that fare, but changing either date makes the fare go up to 1K+.

-Will
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:48 am

Here is the Announcemnt:

http://news.delta.com/article_displa...ticle_id=10335

Travel Period: Travel may begin November 15, 2006 through March 21, 2007. All travel must be completed by April 20, 2007. Blackout Dates: 12/15/06-01/07/07. Fare Validity: Fares are valid in the Economy (Coach) and BusinessElite cabins, respectively on Delta flights only. Minimum Stay: Saturday Night
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Starwood GM
The I fare is the best DL deal in a long time. Perfect for my regular transatlantic trips as the JFK departures connect well with SLC arrivals. I have rescheduled two trips over the next 3 months and reserved another two in 2007.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
It seems to be available on most Fridays in either direction, but not on any other day. Anyone find a non-Friday availbility?
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A $199 (+ nasty taxes) London fare from NYC is certainly a good one for winter travel, but isn't all that unusual. And even if you get a double mile bonus, you're still only going to earn about 15,000 miles for about $350 all in. I know some folks can find other angles to play (let's hear them!), but this basic equation isn't particularly attractive as a mileage run.

What would be attractive, of course, is a $199 fare good OUTSIDE the winter months. So far I haven't heard of any such matches on this one.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:04 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Now available for booking on DL.com

Looks like it's finally pricing it at $304. Not that I'm complaining, but everything I saw was $228+tax. Where are those $199 fares?
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: NW Plat, UA 2P, DL FO, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
A $199 (+ nasty taxes)
The taxes really aren't that bad, considering the fuel surchage was left off this one. Don't know if that was intentional or a mistake.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:10 pm

Per Fare Rules:

FLIGHT APPLIC

THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL VIA EACH
TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
DL FLIGHT 1
DL FLIGHT 2.

ROUTING MPM MPM TRVL PERMITTED

COMBINABILITY
DOUBLE OPEN JAWS NOT PERMITTED.
END-ON-END PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE COMPONENTS.
TRAVEL MUST BE VIA POINT OF COMBINATION.
ADD-ONS PERMITTED.

So can't make it a MR via other locations, must be the JFK-LGW-JFK on Flt 1 & 2 only with this fare. Too bad they don't have the deal like AMS where its Double or Triple Mile Promotion.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crimguy1976
The taxes really aren't that bad, considering the fuel surchage was left off this one. Don't know if that was intentional or a mistake.
What all in coach fare have folks actually been able to book? I tried some dates on farecompare, found the $198, but then it wouldn't actually book at that price.

It seems like taxes into Britain have been averaging about $150 of late, so I'm wondering whether folks can get this less than $350 all in. As I said earlier, $350 all in is a good winter fare to Britain from NYC, but nothing particularly out of the ordinary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.