Original Poster

$20 / night - Club Ambiance, Jamaica

Club Ambiance All-Inclusive
The main street in Runaway Bay
Runaway Bay
Jamaica

$20 / night - Jan 11 2006

Standard Room All-Inclusive

Apparently, they forgot one zero in the $200 rate...

Book on travelocity.com
Old Dec 5, 2005, 11:32 am

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Not coming up anymore.

We're sorry, there are no rooms at this hotel on your dates.

We're sorry, the rooms previously shown are no longer available.

Can stay for $125 on dates that week or $385, stay at the "Franklyn" D. Roosevelt resort.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA, AA
Not true, just got it. Had to search a little to find it. $200 for Mon, Tues, Thurs-Sunday, $20 for Wednesday. Hmmm..

"The all-inclusive plan includes transportation to and from the airport, all meals & snacks and all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks from any of the 3 bars. Use of non-motorized water sports equipment, nightly entertainment & shows, guided bicycle tours and all taxes."

Wow, the US dollar goes a looooonnnngggg way in Jamaica.

Now do I cancel my United Award flight to Maui on Jan. 9-16 to go to Jamaica, or keep it?

Last edited by scottykempf; Dec 5, 2005 at 12:23 pm
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:20 pm

Programs: CO, UA, who cares what level, that doesn't make me special, now does it?
Nice deal on a cheap room, but You couldn't pay me to visit a place as homophobic as Jamaica! My travel dollars go to socially responsible countries.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410169
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by scottykempf
Now do I cancel my United Award flight to Maui on Jan. 9-16 to go to Jamaica, or keep it?
You would never catch me cancelling a trip to Maui to save $180 on one night in Jamaica. If you were planning on going to Jamaica, then this is a great deal.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
I've stayed at Club Ambiance last year (a 3-night deal through cheapcarribean.com was something like $400 all in w/airfare on US). Not a fancy resort by any stretch of the imagination, but had all the basics - buffet food, house-brand free alcohol, friendly staff, etc. The rooms were plain-jane, but since we hardly spent any time in the room anyway, it didn't really matter. I'd go back there again at the right price (say, $20 night) over spending 10 times that at a 'name brand' all inclusive resort.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Bummer... missed this yesterday and I guess it's dead.
Old Dec 7, 2005, 11:12 am

Programs: UA, AA
Nope, still available.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 9:55 am

Programs: LH Sen
Yes, still available for Wednesday, no other day for January and February

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.