$2 per night cruise Not an MR - but a DAMN good deal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$2 per night cruise Not an MR - but a DAMN good deal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2005, 2:43 pm

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
I'll say one last thing until log-off, & try not to be biased, as I have no idea how it will turn out in the end - could be a blast for all I know really.

Read the small print... there are charges for everything, including someone actually cleaning your rooms, toilets(possibly-sum1 else can verify that one) etc. and for towels.

You can avoid these charges by taking care of it on your own though - and if it isn't as clean as it was at the beginning of the cruise, they'll charge you for that.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 2:45 pm

$2 pppn is a bargain! They're offering it over here for £9 pppn!
Old Aug 17, 2005, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Aleks
$2 pppn is a bargain! They're offering it over here for £9 pppn!

don't do that, people will think you're serious
Old Aug 17, 2005, 2:49 pm

Serious? Moi?
Old Aug 17, 2005, 2:51 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Posted on travelsoo
Update (13:07 ET, Aug 17): Due to high levels of demand for this offer, the easyCruise website can be slow at the moment. Booking is still possible but can take up to two minutes.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Aleks
Serious? Moi?
someone send it to farealert then let's delete, or edit in a positive light, all our posts about it! @:-)
Old Aug 17, 2005, 3:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I don't do cruises .... and this one certainly does not interest me either -- even if this were to have been an all-inclusive deal.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, 1.5MM, Marriot
Wow! Just looked at the pictures, and it's like IKEA on water! If I was 20 and on spring break....bwah!

GG <--- totally not into cruises or IKEA on the sea

Last edited by GeoGirl; Aug 17, 2005 at 3:25 pm Reason: edited to be clear that this is not my style of travel, LOL
Old Aug 17, 2005, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I am going on an easyCruise in the Mediterranean next week. I will report back how (civilized) it is. The winger Caribbean cruise has been selling for $32/night, and the summer cruise is $90/night.

I am 23 but certainly not on spring break. I am treating the cruise not like a cruise on a normal cruise ship, but as a cheap place to stay and transportation between 7 ports.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 4:22 pm
PJK

Programs: KL/AF FB Plat, Hilton Silver, La Quinta Gold
Originally Posted by chrisw
I am treating the cruise not like a cruise on a normal cruise ship, but as a cheap place to stay and transportation between 7 ports.
I think that's about the best tactic; probably what it's intended for: Overnight transportation to nice places. Apparently, there's not even entertainment on board every night.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 4:46 pm

Programs: Falconflyer Gold
Originally Posted by chrisw
I am going on an easyCruise in the Mediterranean next week. I will report back how (civilized) it is. The winger Caribbean cruise has been selling for $32/night, and the summer cruise is $90/night.

I am 23 but certainly not on spring break. I am treating the cruise not like a cruise on a normal cruise ship, but as a cheap place to stay and transportation between 7 ports.
I saw this reviewed on a BBCTV travel show a week or so ago and their reporter gave it a thumbs up.

The "cheap place to stay" seems a sensible idea but it does seem to have one problem. The ship was too big for many of the ports (in the Med, not sure about West Indies although POS has cruise ships in it's harbour so might be well suited to the Caribbean) and used a pilot vessel instead but that was limited to about 20 people a trip. With only one of these in operation, the wait could be a long one to get off (and back on again) given how many passengers the ship is designed to carry.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
Though I recognize that this thread is longer, there was already a thread in the appropriate forum (Cruises) before this began. Therefore, I'm going to close this thread and ask you to follow discussion at the following thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463689

Dave, a.k.a. dmfriedman
Moderator, Mileage Run

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.