Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(fare gone) Air Europa: BOS - MAD $115

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2005, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA/CO 1P, AA Plat
Originally Posted by cAAl
For heaven's sake, please don't reward Air Europa after all the nonsense they've put us and especially Travelocity through!

You can try this booking engine.

Alternatively, this site provides some information about low cost carriers plying their trade in Spain.
Of course you do not book through them, just use them to price out vs other airlines. I found a price of 116 rt on travelocity that might just work.
Old May 19, 2005, 10:30 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by hyderabad
That happened to me too. I talked to Michelle D and she said not to worry. They are trying to book the ticket for us and they are in and out of of reservations.
You're right, I was just in contact with an extremely cordial rep from the CSR department, who've indicated that it was accidentally cancelled but they've reinstated it and everything is going through. They've even refunded the fedex delivery fees...just politely asked that I avoid contacting the airline (CO) about seating and ff# etc until I've been ticketed.

I'm very grateful about this, as much for how they came to bat for us as for the incredible politeness and helpfulness of the people working at their CSR department. I will be booking the hotels through them just to throw some business their way considering they must've ate at least tens of thousands in costs for us. I have also done so but also recommend others write some nice feedback for them on other forums such as planetfeedback to give them some nice word of mouth whenever possible. Their CSR at the 4001 # has been truly amazing.
Old May 20, 2005, 6:12 am
Suspended

Talking

yeah, 4001 reps were great. i got the call from michelle last night. i'm good to go. thank you, travelocity.
Old May 20, 2005, 7:04 am

uh oh

travelocity hasnt emailed a thing to me. I emailed them my trip id and they said it didnt exist. anyone else have this problem, or are they bssing me?

on another note, I too have flown within spain on ae for less than 25 euros

alexis
cle
Old May 20, 2005, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Already spoke with travelocity agent who confirmed everything, it was showing online just fine, this morning, it says unable to complete request. i already agreed with travelocioty to take this fare and they said ti would be ticketed. did they just cancel it or is it an online glitch?
Old May 20, 2005, 8:44 am
Suspended

i am sure jetcity and skyteam are fine. i doubt they would selectively try to scr*w people over. just call the 4001 line (after 4 pm eastern, i believe) and they will take care of it.
Old May 20, 2005, 9:09 am
BTV

Programs: UA Gold
Expedia

So after a week and two emails promising the booking fee refund, it has not happened. I finally called Expedia, spent 31 minutes on the line (and on hold a few times) with fairly friendly Expedia rep. She promised the refund again, but offered no further explanation of why Expedia would not honor the fare while Travelocity would. Airline did not confirm the flights, end of story.

When I asked for any type of compensation for the hassle and time wasted, she offered $50 coupon towards the future Expedia booking which was - after I verbally shook my head in disbelief - raised to $75. Apparently they don't compensate for time spent on FT boards

I'd much rather went to Spain, but it was still an interesting experience overall. I spent way too much time on this, certainly much more than $75, but such is life. Maybe next time!
Old May 20, 2005, 11:00 am

i already agreed with travelocioty to take this fare and they said ti would be ticketed. did they just cancel it or is it an online glitch?
My reservation is also showing this. Although I'm not too concerned; I've seen it behave this way before over the last couple of days. They may have "locked out" all of the reservations to make some change or something, like booking class; or perhaps they're clearing and adding in the reservations again because they didn't want people calling CO and confirming, adding seats and FF #s ans what not. I dunno. But the Travelocity folks said it would be a few days before everything was ticketed anyway, so I'm not too concerned.
Old May 20, 2005, 11:19 am

Programs: UA/CO 1P, AA Plat
Originally Posted by BTV
So after a week and two emails promising the booking fee refund, it has not happened. I finally called Expedia, spent 31 minutes on the line (and on hold a few times) with fairly friendly Expedia rep. She promised the refund again, but offered no further explanation of why Expedia would not honor the fare while Travelocity would. Airline did not confirm the flights, end of story.

When I asked for any type of compensation for the hassle and time wasted, she offered $50 coupon towards the future Expedia booking which was - after I verbally shook my head in disbelief - raised to $75. Apparently they don't compensate for time spent on FT boards

I'd much rather went to Spain, but it was still an interesting experience overall. I spent way too much time on this, certainly much more than $75, but such is life. Maybe next time!
What I did was suggested by a fellow member. Ask a supervisor for the PNR and check if the flights were actually confirmed or not. My flights were confirmed by the airlines, although every rep I talked to kept trying to tell me that they were not. So I got the proof I needed. Read back in the forums about this. Unfortunalty for you the story ends there as I kept my travelocity itin when they called me back. I did manage to get a coupon or two from Expedia.
Old May 20, 2005, 11:47 am

Programs: amex plat, delta, aa, united, starwood
Looks like I'm all set with American Express

I'm going to send them a gracious thank you letter... ( a rarity these days)

Ms. Leslie Soy
American Express Travel Services
22 South River Street
Plains, PA 18705

Dear Ms. Soy:

I am writing to personally express my gratitude to American Express Travel Services for their unwavering support during the recent Air Europa situation.

I specifically want to recognize and commend Joanna Corrigan for her support and outstanding customer service. Joanna was very understanding, patient and showed excellent listening skills.

American Express Travel Services could have easily pulled the plug like some other online vendors, but instead made a good business judgment by deciding to stand by the consumers. I appreciate all the effort put into working with the carrier to resolve the issue and was very happy with the proactive communication. It is unfortunate that Air Europa did not want to take ownership of their mistake.

I'm happy to hear the outcome was positive for both American Express Travel Service and the lucky passengers who were able to obtain the unbelievably low airfare to Spain. We could not have done that without the support of American Express Travel Services.

As a Platinum American Express cardholder, it is a great pleasure to do business with American Express Travel Services and I look forward to our ongoing relationship.

Best wishes,

cc: Joanna Corrigan

My dates: 9/22 - 9/27... does anyone else have these dates??

I think I'm going to celebrate this weekend over some Sangria at Dali in Somerville, MA (if I can get a parking spot... )
Old May 20, 2005, 11:57 am

Whiskarina - I used Travelocity and I have been very impressed with how they handled this as well. I am going 10/19 - 10/24 to Madrid.

OffTopic - I work in Cambridge and go to Dali's a lot - it is really fantastic. Have you tried some of the other great Spanish Tapas place here? There is: http://www.cuchicuchi.cc/ in Cambridge (they call it small 'straight-up' dishes), and in Boston, http://www.tapeo.com/ on Newbury St. (it is owned by the same people at Dali's, but they take reservations).
Old May 20, 2005, 12:54 pm

Learn, learn, learn all you newbies, how powerful indeed is FlyerTalk. You can be sure if only a few had booked this trip that the corporate response would have been a big shrug. But because of our collective might, you will be going to Spain.

Enjoy your trips. I'm envious in the very best way. I repeat, anyone want the name of an utterly lovely 4* boutique hotel in Madrid? Probably in the range of 230 euros a night.

Rita
Old May 20, 2005, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by steve100
Whiskarina - I used Travelocity and I have been very impressed with how they handled this as well. I am going 10/19
Can I park at your house?
Old May 20, 2005, 1:53 pm

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Weird

Nothing in My Stuff at the moment. I guess they just yank stuff out from time to time while they do updates.... Really weird and worrysome, though I'm sure everything is fine.

Purchased Trip / Reservation Date

Madrid, Spain None - None
Portland, ME None - None

In other weird news, FT signatures are back! Yay!

peace,
~Ben~
Old May 20, 2005, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Whiskarina
My dates: 9/22 - 9/27... does anyone else have these dates??
I'm going on the same dates (although will be spending the earlier part of the 22nd getting to BOS to go back to EWR !). Might have to transfer a few points over to Amtrak for the train...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.