Search

Nagoya from $294 RT from Chicago and all United cities

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2005, 9:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by wea
Good find dogmom11!

Best I can find from West Coast with eFares is CLD-LAX-SFO-NGO and return, out 4/1, back 4/3, one night stay, 12,604 EQM, $435 all in, about 3.45 cents/mile before bonuses.

Might be a more creative routing from east coast?

Hmm, Im getting over $3000 on those. Over $4000 from the east coast.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 10:22 am

Programs: Concorde Mach 2 -UAMM- First to Fly A380/B787/B747-8i/FlyingHonu
I am definitely interested. All those Nagoya miles + the transatlantic trip would do me a lot of good. Is it possible to upgrade "K" class fares with SWUs?

In that case, I could use one SWU all the way from Paris to Nagoya and one SWU on the way back.

+ the Nagoya double miles (wouldn't it be triple for us 1Ks?) + the 1K "gift" double miles all the way and back would be a wonderful deal.

I also have a $200 United voucher to redeem + the low USDollar/Euro exchange rate + promotional transatlantic fares....

I should definitely not miss this thing for anything in the world. I look forward to more news from other folks on this forum. Thanks to all of you.

Originally Posted by dogmom11
Hurry and check out UA's eFares...just got one SFO for $414 all in, 4/2-4/4 (! only one night stay!), taking advantage of the double miles to Nagoya promo (b/c on flights 830/831) and the double miles in April that I chose for my 1K 'gift'...almost 80k miles for $414...go now!!!
Old Mar 15, 2005, 10:49 am

Programs: AA, AS, DL, UA, WN
Originally Posted by CDG1
I am definitely interested. All those Nagoya miles + the transatlantic trip would do me a lot of good. Is it possible to upgrade "K" class fares with SWUs?

In that case, I could use one SWU all the way from Paris to Nagoya and one SWU on the way back.

+ the Nagoya double miles (wouldn't it be triple for us 1Ks?) + the 1K "gift" double miles all the way and back would be a wonderful deal.

I also have a $200 United voucher to redeem + the low USDollar/Euro exchange rate + promotional transatlantic fares....

I should definitely not miss this thing for anything in the world. I look forward to more news from other folks on this forum. Thanks to all of you.
I just called UA res. and was told K is upgradeable.
Dan
Old Mar 15, 2005, 10:53 am

Thank you very much for the information!
Merci beaucoup.

Originally Posted by da1dan
Dan
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond
Double Miles

Careful with the Nagoya Double Miles promo . . .

Advised from Mileage Plus as follows:

Thank you for contacting us.

In order to qualify for the "San Francisco to Nagoya Double Miles" promotion the ticket needs to be a roundtrip flight starting in San Francisco and returning to San Francisco. In order to receive the double miles you would need to book a separate ticket from XXXXX to San Francisco and back to XXXXX.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 11:49 am

This is quite possible. I could buy a CDG-SFO-CDG ticket (it does not need to be direct flights) and a separate ticket SFO-NGO-SFO all on the same PNR.
I have done this lots of times before going from here to SIN and back via HNL.

Thank you for letting me know about this separate ticket thing.

Originally Posted by mjcasta

In order to qualify for the "San Francisco to Nagoya Double Miles" promotion the ticket needs to be a roundtrip flight starting in San Francisco and returning to San Francisco. In order to receive the double miles you would need to book a separate ticket from XXXXX to San Francisco and back to XXXXX.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mjcasta

That does not sound right. The double miles is valid only on UA 830/831, but all roundtrip wholly-UA operated itineraries originating from other cities but which include these flights should be eligible.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 1:42 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Refresh my memory- what were the choices for the 1K Gifts...and is it too late to sign up for the gift?

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2005, 1:56 pm

4/1 - 4/3 booked

I going on the e-Fare, outbound Friday 4/1 and return Sunday 4/3, with about 24 hours on the ground.

Anybody else going on those flights?
Old Mar 15, 2005, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the one day minimum stay available only in April, or also in the end of May, beginning of June? Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2005, 2:20 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by beaubo
Refresh my memory- what were the choices for the 1K Gifts...and is it too late to sign up for the gift?

Thanks!
2 CR1s or 2X miles in April. Link no longer works though, as had to be selected by Feb 14: www.1kgiftselect.com
Old Mar 15, 2005, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by EdisonCarter
I going on the e-Fare, outbound Friday 4/1 and return Sunday 4/3, with about 24 hours on the ground.

Sorry, where are you seeing this? Im getting like 10 times that fare when I try it.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 2:31 pm

I am really getting into this Nagoya thing.

I will have to talk to a UA representative and see what flights I can find which I can use my SWUs on all the way and back.

No 747-400s so the space is more limited and with Golden week there might be a lot of Japanese wanting to travel to the U.S. around that time.

Of course it would be great if several of us were on the same flights. I am up for doing the 20 hours on the ground run.

Let's see what I'll be able to find....

Originally Posted by EdisonCarter

Old Mar 15, 2005, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 2MM 1K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Premier
Originally Posted by da1dan
Dan
You may want to double check this. From the Systemwide T&Cs:

Upgradeable Booking Classes fares: This upgrade may be used on United Business booking classes (C, D) and United Economy booking classes*(Y, B, E, M, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, K, L) for travel in Region 1. This upgrade may be used on United Business booking classes (C, D) and United Economy booking classes fares (Y, B, E, M, U, H, Q, V, W) for travel in*Region 2.

Japan is in Region 2, and therefore the SFO-NGO-SFO flights in K booking class should not be upgradeable with a SWU.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Foady
You may want to double check this. From the Systemwide T&Cs:

Upgradeable Booking Classes fares: This upgrade may be used on United Business booking classes (C, D) and United Economy booking classes*(Y, B, E, M, U, H, Q, V, W, S, T, K, L) for travel in Region 1. This upgrade may be used on United Business booking classes (C, D) and United Economy booking classes fares (Y, B, E, M, U, H, Q, V, W) for travel in*Region 2.

Japan is in Region 2, and therefore the SFO-NGO-SFO flights in K booking class should not be upgradeable with a SWU.
When making a dummy booking, it shows this:

Penalty: NONREF/NONTRANS/NONEND / VALID UA ONLY / UG CERT OK/NO MPI UG

"UG CERT OK" i'm assuming this means an SWU is OK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.