Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

You CAN get in trouble with an airline for doing MRs!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You CAN get in trouble with an airline for doing MRs!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2005, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by jfulcher
To me I applaud DL for stopping these MRs. It floods the upper elite ranks with people cheating the system to earn status. These people in turn I have to compete for upgrades with. I fly without doing any crazy routing, and I think it's great DL is finally stopping this nonsense.
I always love it when snobs think that somehow their way of doing things is divine and others are beneath them.

This year it looks as though 2/3 of my travel will be "normal" and 1/3 will be mileage runs to ensure that in future years that other 2/3 continues to be done as comfortably as possible. And if some day I end up with a seat that the likes of jfulcher feels is rightfully his, that's too darned bad!!!!!!!!!!

Incidentally, jfulcher, a lot of my "normal" trips are on Delta in coach because the shortest routings I can get from Delta are a lot longer than NW's direct flights. They cost a little more and I give up lots of NW upgrades to FC, but they help me meet my objectives. So basically, I'm sitting back in the cattle car helping to keep your FC service in the air. If it weren't for this planned effort to achieve and maintain our status, Delta would lose approximately 15-16 RT ticket sales this year.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Mar 7, 2005 at 12:15 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.