Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

Need 1200 q pts. out of NYC on AA Urgently.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need 1200 q pts. out of NYC on AA Urgently.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2004, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Cool Need 1200 q pts. out of NYC on AA Urgently.

Currently, I am doing a platinum challenge and need about 1200 q pts to complete it. I'd really like to complete it before I take the CX JFK-HKG flight in Nov.

So far, I the cheapest flight I have found was LGA-TPA via MIA for $211.
This will give me about 1300 q pts this Saturday (Dec. 30th)

Can you guys help me finding more attractive option?
Or is it the best I can do...
Old Oct 26, 2004, 11:19 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

when in nov is your flight?
Old Oct 26, 2004, 11:28 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
have you priced jfk-lax...2475 qpts on cheapest fare.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, and about everything else
How about a trip to San Juan for a day at the beach ??
Old Oct 26, 2004, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by clacko
have you priced jfk-lax...2475 qpts on cheapest fare.
Always look at cross-country trips, or European trips in the fall. ALWAYS the most bang for the buck.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by kkjay77
So far, I the cheapest flight I have found was LGA-TPA via MIA for $211.
This will give me about 1300 q pts this Saturday (Dec. 30th)
LGA-MIA-TPA and return gives 2000 Q-points, not 1300, due to the 500 Q-point minimum on an AA segment. For the $205 or so it prices out at on AA.com, it's not bad to meet your primary goal of Q-points (especially if you don't have a lot of time to devote to it).

You can also spend about $10 less and fly LGA-MIA-MCO-LGA, which will earn 1500 Q-points, on the same day (next Saturday, October 30). Or, for about $188, you can fly LGA-STL-MSY-MIA-LGA.

I think all of the suggestions for a transcon or a trip to Europe are a bit of overkill for the OP's primary goal of 1200 Q-points. If the OP wants a bunch of miles to go along with it, and has extra time and money to devote to a short-notice, same day trip of that stature, then I'd say go for it.

As long as same day transcons such as JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO keep pricing out at over $300, though, I think the OP is better doing the short hops in this instance.

Mike
Old Oct 27, 2004, 4:20 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa plt 4.9MM LTAC
if you are on a mileage earning fare jfk-hkg, you should get the 2k on the outbound flight & iirc, you will get the double mi' on that flight, if that is you're goal because the mi's are credited for the qualifying flight....but perhaps you want club access?, if so , you most likely won't have the card for a nov flight....will cx let you in based on plt saphire printed on the bp?
Old Oct 28, 2004, 7:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No longer loyal "over-entitled" 1K
Unfortunately, the JFK-HJG flight is booked in L class, so I will not get any Q-pts. So, I'd like to get it done befor the flight for the club access. If I becomes PLT, I will get an club access, wouldn't I?
Old Oct 28, 2004, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2.8MM
CX is pretty good at letting people in their lounges if you can show you have status - but if your status doesn't show in their system yet (in my case it took about a week after AA showed it before CX could see it) it would be good to have something besides our boarding pass. I suggest you ask at the Admirals Club for a printout showing your status - I had AA do this for me for HKG before I had my card. I visited HKG lounges 5 times before I got my EXP card with this printout in case I needed it. Once my status was showing in their system, my boarding pass was all I needed.

Last edited by wanaflyforless; Oct 28, 2004 at 9:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.