Anyone Else Having Trouble Using ITA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone Else Having Trouble Using ITA?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2004, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Question Anyone Else Having Trouble Using ITA?

I've been using the otherwise excellent ITA fare finder software and have found some great fares and routings, but have been unable to have them ticketed either by agents or airlines direct. I've even emailed them the suggested itineraries with full fare information, but each time have been told that the fares are unavailable. As you'd imagine, only higher fares are available for sale...

Anyone else had similar problems? Any ideas how to get routings ticketed at the fares shown?
Old Jul 30, 2004, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Dakota
I've been using the otherwise excellent ITA fare finder software and have found some great fares and routings, but have been unable to have them ticketed either by agents or airlines direct. I've even emailed them the suggested itineraries with full fare information, but each time have been told that the fares are unavailable. As you'd imagine, only higher fares are available for sale...

Anyone else had similar problems? Any ideas how to get routings ticketed at the fares shown?
I've had good experiences with Expedia matching the itineraries I get from ITA, especially those with domestic "Q" fares of which AA seems to be lacking. I would first use ITA to build my itinerary, then use Expedia's Multiple Destinations and "choose flights separately" to find the matching fare ready for booking.

Last edited by ntamayo; Jul 30, 2004 at 4:04 pm
Old Jul 30, 2004, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Dakota

A possible reason my be journey control or married segment price/availability logic (jcl). ITA shows O&D availability by piecing together the local segments (ORD-DEN + DEN-LAX as opposed to ORD-LAX). Often times this makes fares via ITA look available when the true O&D or the married segment availability is in fact closed - especially if airline load factors are high and seat availability is constrained. So, while ITA may show it, it doesn't mean it's actually bookable. ITA is currently putting jcl in place w/it's customers (Orbitz has spoke of it) but dunno the rollout for their own site. Basic rule of revenue management is if you have to choose which seat to sell, always take the locals v/s the thrus, higher revenues for iairline just about every time.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 5:36 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Very informative first post ^

Welcome to FT, gcm4795.
Old Jul 30, 2004, 5:44 pm

Any idea if there is a way for Expedia to allow you to book more than 5 sectors? It seems to only allow you to book up to 5 flights on a multiple destination itinerary.

LHR*G

Last edited by LHR*G; Aug 2, 2004 at 6:52 pm
Old Jul 31, 2004, 10:00 am
Original Poster

N.B. In each case I was using ITA to find ex-UK, international fares and had problems with itineraries on BA, VS and BD. Any suggestions for successfully ticketing ITA fares from UK? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.