ORD-BKK $605.40 w/10% discount code AA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORD-BKK $605.40 w/10% discount code AA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2003, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA GS , AA CK
No, you will not be able to upgrade on the JAL code share flight ...
Old Jul 14, 2003, 6:03 am

Programs: AA PLAT, UA GLD, HH GLD
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andrzej:

What's a good seat on JAL 747 in Y???

[/B]</font>
Good question, my guess is that those JAL flights in particular use the S03 configuration, here's the seating chart so atleast you have an idea of of what may be a better seat.

JAL seating charts
Old Jul 14, 2003, 6:26 am

how do u get this fare? i just tried it on aa.com and did a multicity search with ord-dfw-nrt-bkk ... didnt get anything back. thanks!

ps what is the discount code? email appreciated if posting is inappropriate, thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2003, 6:48 am

Programs: AA PLAT, UA GLD, HH GLD
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by saimike:
how do u get this fare? i just tried it on aa.com and did a multicity search with ord-dfw-nrt-bkk ... didnt get anything back. thanks!

ps what is the discount code? email appreciated if posting is inappropriate, thanks!
</font>
Not sure what you are doing, I just checked on aa.com and got the route you mentioned above for $610.00 (before taxes, Etc.) on dates 8/27-9/3, What dates did you use? perhaps playing with the dates might help.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 8:02 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Pixel:
Not sure what you are doing, I just checked on aa.com and got the route you mentioned above for $610.00 (before taxes, Etc.) on dates 8/27-9/3, What dates did you use? perhaps playing with the dates might help.</font>
i must be doing something wrong. i tried it with ur dates and it didnt work either. i put in 8/27 for ord-dfw-nrt, and 8/28 for nrt-bkk. the multi city page didn't let me choose a return date.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 8:24 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by saimike:
i must be doing something wrong. i tried it with ur dates and it didnt work either. i put in 8/27 for ord-dfw-nrt, and 8/28 for nrt-bkk. the multi city page didn't let me choose a return date.</font>
No, no, no
Here is what you do:
Multi-City option which will give you 4 windows and here is how you input the info:

ORD-DFW - 8/27 morning
DFW-BKK - 8/27 afternoon

BKK-DFW - 9/2 morning
DFW-ORD - 9/2 evening

Make sure you click on FARE, not BY SCHEDULE, and also ECONOMY WITH RESTRICTIONS. It should come back with around $700. When you proceed to reservation, input the following code: S721KJ, and it should lower the price to lower $600.

Good Luck!

Old Jul 14, 2003, 8:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
saimike,

aa.com is little peculiar in its searching ability--especially when booking fliglhts on partner airlines. In order to find this fare, this is what I did:

1. Found a good fare on Travelocity (bos-nrt) using the "search all dates" function.
2. Plugged those dates into aa.com multi-city search. I had to divide the trip into aa metal flights and non-aa-metal flights. For this trip, I put in bos-nrt for the first segment and nrt-bkk (JAL-operated flight) for the second segement. Then do the same thing in reverse for the return flights (bkk-nrt and nrt-bos). For multi-city searches you must put in all flights--there is no roundtrip option.
3. Select "search by schedule", NOT search by fare.
4. Also select AA as the preferred airline, if this isn't your default.
5. Select to display 50 flights to maximize your chances to find the combination you want.
6. When the list of flights comes up, pick through it unti you find the itinerary you want (the one you found on Travelocity). You might also want to try some other combinations--Travelocity and aa.com often have different inventories of low fares.

FYI, this is how I found my flights yesterday. Today when I do this I can't find any low fares. It's possible your itinerary is no longer available.

Good luck!
Old Jul 14, 2003, 9:09 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by stephlac:
saimike,

aa.com is little peculiar in its searching ability--especially when booking fliglhts on partner airlines. In order to find this fare, this is what I did:

1. Found a good fare on Travelocity (bos-nrt) using the "search all dates" function.
2. Plugged those dates into aa.com multi-city search. I had to divide the trip into aa metal flights and non-aa-metal flights. For this trip, I put in bos-nrt for the first segment and nrt-bkk (JAL-operated flight) for the second segement. Then do the same thing in reverse for the return flights (bkk-nrt and nrt-bos). For multi-city searches you must put in all flights--there is no roundtrip option.
3. Select "search by schedule", NOT search by fare.
4. Also select AA as the preferred airline, if this isn't your default.
5. Select to display 50 flights to maximize your chances to find the combination you want.
6. When the list of flights comes up, pick through it unti you find the itinerary you want (the one you found on Travelocity). You might also want to try some other combinations--Travelocity and aa.com often have different inventories of low fares.

FYI, this is how I found my flights yesterday. Today when I do this I can't find any low fares. It's possible your itinerary is no longer available.

Good luck!
</font>
It's a lot easier with the method I described just before this post

Old Jul 14, 2003, 2:55 pm

I just booked the following:

ITINERARY ----- Flight 1 -----
AMERICAN AIRLINES #2309
Depart : Chicago (ORD) at 08:30 AM - 08/27/2003
Arrive : Dallas/ Fort Worth (DFW) at 10:54 AM - 08/27/2003
Class : Coach Seat(s): 11D Meal(s): None

----- Flight 2 -----
AMERICAN AIRLINES #61
Depart : Dallas/ Fort Worth (DFW) at 11:50 AM - 08/27/2003
Arrive : Tokyo (NRT) at 03:00 PM - 08/28/2003
Class : Coach Seat(s): 21C Meal(s): Lunch, Dinner

----- Flight 3 -----
AMERICAN AIRLINES #7279
Depart : Tokyo (NRT) at 06:20 PM - 08/28/2003
Arrive : Bangkok (BKK) at 10:45 PM - 08/28/2003
Class : Coach Meal(s): Dinner

----- Flight 4 -----
AMERICAN AIRLINES #7278
Depart : Bangkok (BKK) at 08:40 AM - 09/03/2003
Arrive : Tokyo (NRT) at 04:40 PM - 09/03/2003
Class : Coach Meal(s): Dinner

----- Flight 5 -----
AMERICAN AIRLINES #60
Depart : Tokyo (NRT) at 06:00 PM - 09/03/2003
Arrive : Dallas/ Fort Worth (DFW) at 03:40 PM - 09/03/2003
Class : Coach Seat(s): 21H Meal(s): Dinner, Breakfast

----- Flight 6 -----
AMERICAN AIRLINES #2360
Depart : Dallas/ Fort Worth (DFW) at 04:00 PM - 09/03/2003
Arrive : Chicago (ORD) at 06:21 PM - 09/03/2003
Class : Coach Seat(s): 11D Meal(s): None

I would love to meet up with any other FT'ers while out there...

Also any tips on where to stay or what to do??
Old Jul 14, 2003, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, DL Gold, LP ex-Millionaire!
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andrzej:
It's a lot easier with the method I described just before this post

</font>
You're right! Usually it's enough to separate out the flight from the gateway city to the final destination. But I couldn't get that to work yesterday. I had to separate out the JAL flight. Today your method returns the correct results. Go figure.

Has anyone gotten a cheaper fare out of Boston? I've got a reservation on hold until Wednesday but I'm going to continue to see if I can do better with different dates and routings.

[This message has been edited by stephlac (edited 07-14-2003).]
Old Jul 14, 2003, 4:09 pm

Programs: CX GR; AA Life GLD, EXP; SPG Life GLD, PLT
Anybody able to price out the low fare with CX? this seems a good chance to do my luggage transfer.

thanks!

Old Jul 14, 2003, 5:51 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by civicmon:
$625 w/taxes from NYC same range of days...awesome deal if you ask me.</font>
I just got $594.90 JFK-NRT-BKK for 8/26-9/3. Has anyone found anything lower from NYC?
Old Jul 14, 2003, 10:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Looks like a very tight connection from DFW Int'l arrival to ORD domestic departure .... hope its in the same terminal.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 11:03 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by doctajay:
Looks like a very tight connection from DFW Int'l arrival to ORD domestic departure .... hope its in the same terminal.</font>
Agreed. It won't (at least it shouldn't) pass the MCT check when the ticket is actually issued.
Old Jul 15, 2003, 8:15 am

There are hourly flights to ORD... this shouldn't be an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.