Reload this Page >

AA Plat challenge advice wanted.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Plat challenge advice wanted.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2003, 5:15 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wannabe_plat:
Isn't the unlimited transfers only on AA metal in the US, in that case the 4 hour rule will apply? Or will I have to do a last-flt-in-first-out?</font>
If it's an 'international' fare, generally, 24 hours is allowed for any transfer, online or interline, domestic/interational-to-domestic/international.

Old Jun 19, 2003, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by keithguy:
If it's an 'international' fare, generally, 24 hours is allowed for any transfer, online or interline, domestic/interational-to-domestic/international.

</font>
Ok. how do I make sure it is a real "forced layover" and they won't hit me with a charge? what do i tell the reservations AAgent when booking? should i ahve backup routings ready just in case? I'd really appreciate it if you could walk me through the process, of course, if you have a bit of time.
thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2003, 5:39 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wannabe_plat:
Ok. how do I make sure it is a real "forced layover" and they won't hit me with a charge? what do i tell the reservations AAgent when booking?</font>
Nothing. It'll autoprice with no special agent intervention needed. It won't be a "forced layover", just a regular transfer.

You may want to pratice your booking online at a travel site.
Old Jun 19, 2003, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by keithguy:
Nothing. It'll autoprice with no special agent intervention needed. It won't be a "forced layover", just a regular transfer.

You may want to pratice your booking online at a travel site.
</font>
Ok! Thanks! By the way, how strict is AA about enforcing the "last ticketing" date? in this case 19Jun, ie today, so would this fare be gone for good tomorrow?
Old Jun 19, 2003, 6:47 pm

By the way, how strict is AA about enforcing the "last ticketing" date? in this case 19Jun, ie today, so would this fare be gone for good tomorrow?</font>
Yes, it'll be gone tomorrow. But AA may or may not reload the fare with a new last ticketing date tomorrow morning.

What you can do is book the itinerary tonight, put it on hold. Assuming all segments are AA coded, then the fare is guaranteed until midnight the next day. That'd buy you an extra day.
Old Jun 21, 2003, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Thanks keithguy and all the others for the help! AA did push the date by 1 week. For reasons outside my control, it looks like I may not be making this vacation to Europe, which is a pity cos I was looking forward to 10 free segs in addition to stopovers in chicago and NY - that and the AA Plat about negates the expense.

But at least I got a good crash course in Reservations 101. Let's see - I now know how to find the fares, look up the availabilities, where to get galileo, read the fares info, get free segments and free stopovers, and most importantly got hands-on exp doing it all (except for the last part of booking). Not bad for a few days work! And yes, I will now be adding a MR to future trips.

Nothing like a good MR4free to get the most from your trip.

[This message has been edited by wannabe_plat (edited 06-21-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.