Wiki Posts
Search

$198 RT Coast to Coast Fares???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2002, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, National Executive
$198 RT Coast to Coast Fares???

I have seen articles in the Seattle paper on Christmas and the Sacramento paper on the 26th stating that airlines were offering $198 RT coast to coast fares at least in markets where they compete with SouthWest. However, I have been unable to find these fares anywhere. Does anyone have any information on this?

------------------
AS MVP Gold, UA PremEx, HHonors Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Old Dec 27, 2002, 9:08 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75, Starwood Gold, Virgin Gold
try flights to TPA, I just got SEA/PDX - TPA to price for < 200 in Jan.
Old Dec 27, 2002, 9:17 am

Here is SouthWest's press release on this: (Take a look at the top one):
http://www.iflyswa.com/about_swa/press/prindex.html

Here is SouthWest's route map:
http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/routemap.html

Most of the majors have matched SouthWest's sale on routes where they compete. So, take a look at the above and then do a search or orbitz, expedia, or travelocity and you should find some good prices on the majors.
Old Dec 27, 2002, 4:56 pm

I have booked this fare for three UA trips in early 2003: MHT-SAN-MHT, MHT-LAX-MHT and PVD-OAK-PVD. All were $198 per ticket. A quick search of Travelocity (using the "My dates are flexible" feature) shows that the same fares are available on multiple carriers through May from SMF to BWI, PVD, BDL, MHT, TPA and various other eastern cities. $164 between SJC and MCO. Etc.

[Edited 'cause I can't spell and neither can my spellchecker!!]

[This message has been edited by Dave M (edited 12-27-2002).]
Old Dec 30, 2002, 11:38 am

Even if you never fly Southwest, it is worth subscribing to Southwest's weekly e-mail specials because other airlines so often match Southwest's sales.

With those e-mail specials, fares to the east coast may be as low as $188 RT without day of the week restrictions. You would hit the jackpot if Seattle is listed as a "featured destination," since that would place close to all of WN's system at $188 RT or less.
Old Dec 30, 2002, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
SMF has some even lower fares for some markets. e.g., SMF-MSY is pricing at $146 + tax.

Use Travelocity and select that your dates are flexible, then enter your markets to see the lowest published fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.