Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travelocity Not Honoring BA Tkts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2002, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Travelocity Not Honoring BA Tkts

Seems like many people had problems with their trip.com bookings, but it appears that they are making efforts to rectify the situation. But did anybody have trouble with Travelocity? I used travelocity to purchase a couple of tickets and got the same dreaded e-mail about reservation not ticketed. Got on the phone and talked to the supervisor right away, and had her call BA to find out what's going on. She basically did not want to help and of course didn't want to take any responsiblity about the time lag between reservation and actual ticketing.

Has anybody heard if travelocity will be doing what trip.com has done - contacting BA and obtaining a manual override code?

Personally, I will never buy tickets from travelocity again.
Old Dec 2, 2002, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Old Dec 2, 2002, 11:47 am

Here's the thing: if these tickets work out for you, great; if not, don't sweat it. Why would you never buy another ticket from Travelocity again? Because they didn't ticket you before the fare was pulled?

Sure, that sucks. But it's the way things go. I made one of these bookings with Expedia and I haven't called anyone. I'm just going to wait to see if my paper ticket shows up later this week. If it does, great. If not, well that's the way things work. Why would I sweat this out; its really not worth the stress or time.

Either way, I'm not going to hold anything against BA or Expedia. Why would I; because they wouldn't sell me a ticket to Europe for $20.00?

The only thing I would bother to fight for would be a charge to my credit card and no ticket. But I wouldn't even fight for that, I would just let Visa take care of it.

I'm just really impressed that BA is letting people use these fares; customer service like that is amazing.
Old Dec 2, 2002, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Really... if this was a 'normal' fare, and there was a price descrepancy , yes, TRAVELOCITY would have corrected the problem for you. However, I was on SABRE's CRS myself when the fares were disappearing from my very eyes. The fare may seem to display but when you're actually ticketing it, the ticket would not print.

BA had to do something quick. And they did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.