Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Run BKK-KUL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2002, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Mileage Run BKK-KUL

Hi all
Was thinking of doing a quick trip from Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur during my one week stay.
Is $445 Kiwi worth it??
Any other places worth going to for a Mileage run from Bangkok. Ill be heading through Hong Kong and Singapore just three days prior so would like to try somewhere else if I could!

Kind Regards and thanks in advance!

Dave
Old Aug 2, 2002, 7:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Hi Mr. Star

Check out the Thai website at www.thaiair.com

There's a tonne of choices like Chiang Rai for approx NZD 265.00 or Ho Chi Minh City for NZD 560.00.

Go for it!
Old Aug 2, 2002, 8:39 pm

If you're main objective is mileage accrual, you can do much better than that. fares ex-BKK are extremely attractive. you can either wait till you're in BKK to shop around (there're very few advance purchase rules) or try a few sites. you can go to singaporeair.co.th to see some competitive ex-BKK fares on SQ.

Old Aug 3, 2002, 6:10 am

Sorry to be snide, but you gotta be joking to be flying BKK-KUL for a mileage run, it is well controlled and far too expensive. You can get much better value out of BKK. I would only do the trip to KUL if that's ur objective (enjoying KUL). However, it would be cheaper to fly BKK-SIN-KUL (tkaing the shuttle from SIN-KUL) and back than doing the BKK-KUL-BKK!

For some good fares out of BKK, see http://www.traveller2000.com

Including:

BKK-SIN-BKK on SK for 5,000 baht
and some other cheapies on TG, SQ, etc.
Old Aug 5, 2002, 4:28 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Can you find better fares if you wait and buy tickets when in BKK or SIN?
Old Aug 5, 2002, 10:20 pm

not really, the route is heavily regulated/controlled, u might save a little bit, not much. u will get a cheaper fare sin-kul or kul-sin on SQ or MH by buying a shuttle ticket at the airport. (save about A$60 or so on a round trip)
Old Aug 5, 2002, 10:51 pm
Original Poster

Hi all
I have decided that doing the run to Kuala Lumpur would be a waste of time so I am looking at doing a overnight trip to Nareta to have a look around the airport for the night. Ill stay there at the airport hotel and fly back NARETA-BANGKOK-SYDNEY-AUCKLAND, that should add a few miles to the trip!! Look forward to it!
What do people think? Is it worth it??

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.