Community
Wiki Posts
Search

yet another ITN question...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2002, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

yet another ITN question...

first of all, thanks everyone for their help with these questions...

here's my odd question of the day: when I plug in my routes ITN shows "As low as 63.50 USD for this leg (based on round-trip and 14-day advance-purchase)" but the lowest published fare for the route is $202 for any dates.

I would be glad to purchase at $130 + fees, etc, but that fare doesn't exist as I see it. ITN and nwa.com price it out at $222 r/t.

FYI the city pair is EWR/VPS on NW.

Is this an ITN glitch, or do you think there is some $127 r/t fare somewhere that I am not finding... also FWIW it looks like these flights are WIDE OPEN: P9 F9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 K9.
Old Feb 12, 2002, 12:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
My initial reaction based on what you show is that it is a NW flight based on the P9 F9.

I don't know all the airline codes but NW uses the P9..
and where is VPS. If its direct out of EWR then it might be on CO metal. Just a guess here

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by EWR-COflyer:
first of all, thanks everyone for their help with these questions...

here's my odd question of the day: when I plug in my routes ITN shows "As low as 63.50 USD for this leg (based on round-trip and 14-day advance-purchase)" but the lowest published fare for the route is $202 for any dates.

I would be glad to purchase at $130 + fees, etc, but that fare doesn't exist as I see it. ITN and nwa.com price it out at $222 r/t.

FYI the city pair is EWR/VPS on NW.

Is this an ITN glitch, or do you think there is some $127 r/t fare somewhere that I am not finding... also FWIW it looks like these flights are WIDE OPEN: P9 F9 Y9 B9 M9 H9 Q9 V9 K9.
</font>
Old Feb 12, 2002, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

I should have mentioned that it is all NW metal via MEM... DC9s to be exact.

VPS = Ft. Walton Beach/Valparaiso, FL. a.k.a. Okaloosa County Airport. It is physically located adjacent to Eglin AFB and shares a runway w/ them.

It is the closest airport to Destin, FL about halfway between Pensacola and Panama City. PNS and PFN are all served by Turboprobs and RJs from IAH and MEM...

[This message has been edited by EWR-COflyer (edited 02-12-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.