Wiki Posts
Search

You guys are awesome!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2002, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

You guys are awesome!

Hello.

I just wanted to thank everyone in this forum for all the great information they've posted. In less than a week, I've went from knowing nothing about fare classes, reroutes, availability, etc, etc. to learning about all of that and planning and booking my first mileage run! I certainly would have never thought of this myself. Thanks a bunch!

My mileage run is on Delta (I am not actually trying to acheive platinum status but I have old Delta FF miles in my account that never expire and I wanted to top it off so I have enough for a trip to Hawaii or anywhere in the US).

My Itinerary looks like:
DL 304 U SEA-ATL Mar 8. 9:50pm Mar. 9 5:08am (2182)
DL 1439 U ATL-TPA Mar. 9 6:20am Mar. 9 7:36am (500)

DL 1580 U TPA-ATL Mar. 9 4:10pm Mar. 9 5:41pm (500)
DL 271 U ATL-SLC Mar. 9 7:15pm Mar. 9 9:22pm (1589)
DL 229 U SLC-SEA Mar. 9 9:25pm Mar. 9 11:17pm (689)

The trip turns out to be 5,460 miles, but DL has a double miles offer so take makes 10,920 plus 1,000 online booking bonus makes 11,920. I paid $168.25 for the fare so it works out to 1.4 cents/mile - is that good? I've seen that figure thrown around a bit but I am not such what is a good number. I also was thinking of booking more segements but I am afraid of Delta's RPU and I also didn't want to lose the online booking bonus and savings by booking on delta.com

It looks like I have a little over 10 hours in Tampa, does anyone have any recommendations as to what I can do there (I've never been to Florida). Although I am thinking of standing by for earlier flights...

Thanks a bunch again for all of your help!
Old Jan 30, 2002, 5:16 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by keithguy:
You guys are awesome!
</font>
Thank you. Thank you very much.

Old Jan 30, 2002, 6:32 pm

Ya know, if enough of us keep doing these milage runs down to Tampa, and we all spend the $5.99 to get ourselves a little organge, lemon or lime tree (real plant, about 5" tall) at the airport store there (near the Chocolate), we could start a small grove up here in Seattle. To answer your question though, I'd contemplate a run to the beach, or just hang out somewhere local, there are little guide books at the airport. And, FWIW, I brought one back with me, so, if you want it, let me know by sending me an e-mail, and I will be happy to send it to you. Just remember, your first duty it to bring back a small citrus plant, beyond that, miles are most important. Have fun.
Old Jan 30, 2002, 10:53 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
There's a brand new upscale shopping mall just across from the Hilton outside the airport that opened late last year, so worst case you should be able to get over there. I know there is a city bus stop, but don't know if it runs from there directly to the airport. I stayed at the Hilton one night and just walked across. Maybe you could get the Hilton shuttle and walk over from the hotel?
Old Jan 31, 2002, 3:48 pm
Suspended

i know.
Old Jan 31, 2002, 7:26 pm

Hello. You could go to Busch Gardens. You can ride a shuttle to Sea World in Orlando for $5 from Tampa. Or go on a timeshare tour in orlando. Orlando's not that far. You can get cash for a timeshare tour. Theres not that much to do in Tampa though. You can go to the cruise port in Tampa and look at the big boats. Ha/ha
Old Jan 31, 2002, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for the ideas. I'll probably end up checking out the shopping centre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.