almost 10K status miles for under $300

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2001, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.

I booked ANC-SEA-EWR-MCO and back on CO for $295 inclusive of tax. I am leaving on a Saturday and returning on a Sunday.

It breaks down as follows:

9816 actual flown (status) miles
9816 addl miles (gold OP bonus)
9816 addl miles (2x mile bonus 11/15-12/15.)

For a run out of ANC, that's not too shabby!
Old Nov 13, 2001, 11:25 pm

Programs: All over the place now.
Yeah, I didn't think we had "mileage runs" out of Anchorage. They're usually too expensive.

I've flown to Chicago a couple of times when they had the awesome web specials (one was $258)! I actually went for business and visit family though so it wasn't a mileage run.

Good price on your trip!
Old Nov 14, 2001, 4:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton, Marriott Rewards,SPG
What are your dates? I am trying to build and book your run (just the reverse way)
Old Nov 14, 2001, 8:32 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by joebeenyc:
What are your dates? I am trying to build and book your run (just the reverse way)</font>
I believe, and Levi can correct me if I'm wrong, but sometimes fares available out of Anchorage to destinations in the Continental U.S. are not available in the reverse. I think that usually this is to the disadvantage of the Alaskans, but in this case they have the better fare.
Old Nov 14, 2001, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
tfjim is absolutely correct. Fares between ANC and the lower 48 do not usually "go both ways."

Generally that is to our (Alaskans) disadvantage, however, lately NW has had some spankin' good fares OUT of ANC and others are forced to match.
Old Nov 16, 2001, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton, Marriott Rewards,SPG
Curses foiled again. LOL
Thanks for the info!

Old Nov 17, 2001, 1:43 am

Programs: All over the place now.
eastwest,

What kind of dates do you have? A co-worker of mine needs to get about 11-12k for Gold. I found ANC-DCA for about $550 w/upgrade to 1st about 11,800 status miles.

Can you think of anything else? AK Airlines is best since the 1st class upgrade counts toward status.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.