Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do E-Fares earn double mileage?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2001, 5:07 am
Original Poster

Do E-Fares earn double mileage?

Do E-Fares earn double mileage? United says E-Fares do not earn online/firsttime booking bonus of 4000 miles, but silent on double mileage offered through Nov 15. I want to fly SF-BKK for RT miles of approx 14,000, double will give me 28,000!

Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2001, 5:58 am

Your answer is in the wording of the promotion: "Earn double Mileage Plus® miles when you purchase and fly a qualifying roundtrip on United, United Shuttle® and United Express®. Offer valid for travel between October 4 and November 15, 2001....Offer valid on qualifying paid, published fares in any booking class."
http://www.ual.com/site/primary/0,10...52,00.html#SYS

An E-fare is a "published fare".

Notice that, even though there are some exclusions (Government fares and code shares), the offer does not say something such as, "Not valid for E-fares."
Old Oct 18, 2001, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your post Dave!

I thought that an E-Fare is NOT a published fare because it does not appear under fare searches under Travelocity/Expedia/Yahoo etc. And, I am always unsure about the wording "Qualifying Fares" as I get conflicting answers on the phone.

Glad to find help on this board!
Old Oct 18, 2001, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM LIfetime Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Silver, BA
AA treats net-saaver fares as published fares and you get miles. Sometimes promos will limit it to a "class of service" Unpublished fares are consilator fares, bulk fares, usually gotten exclusively from a travel agent, or as part of a package. I think Delta doesn't given miles for e-fares. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

------------------
DtG
Old Oct 18, 2001, 9:54 pm
Suspended

I think you are thinking of NW. Delta DOES give miles for web and fan fares.

------------------
www.christietanner.com - the angelic voice of the "S" Class Mercedes
Old Oct 19, 2001, 12:41 am

johnfpage is right. NW is the only airline not to offer ff miles for e-fares.
Old Oct 19, 2001, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA, Starwood, Hyatt, Starbucks Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dgordon:
AA treats net-saaver fares as published fares and you get miles. Sometimes promos will limit it to a "class of service" Unpublished fares are consilator fares, bulk fares, usually gotten exclusively from a travel agent, or as part of a package. I think Delta doesn't given miles for e-fares. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
</font>
Your are correct. E-fare, or Web Fares, as AA calls them, are published fares even if you use another discount on top of one, like the current 5% FLYAA code, which knocks it out of the system to the point that only the AA.com cust svc people can see it, making a normal AA cust svc person, who may be looking up the fare to ticket it, think it isn't a published fare - but it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.