Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$650 UA ORD-SIN Mileage Runs for Jan 2002 Available Now

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2001, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

$650 UA ORD-SIN Mileage Runs for Jan 2002 Available Now

Sorry this a dupe of my post over at the United forum...

There are some pretty reasonable ~$650 tax inclusive mileage runs out of Chicago for January 2002 on united.com in case anyone wants to get a head start on the new year. The optimal routing would be ORD-LAX-NRT-SIN or ORD-SFO-NRT-SIN for mileage purposes. Comes out to around 3.1 cents/mile.
Can you tell I'm hooked? PremEx2000, how about we ring in the new year with another visit to Singapore? I was glad I was able to use the Singapore Silver Kris Lounge last time I visited Changi overnight. Awesome place.

*HighFlyah*

------------------
"To Fly High, Fly and STAY *UNITED* - that's the only way to do it."
Old Aug 6, 2001, 9:08 am

Programs: United
I might have to join you to get a quick 20,000 miles in January. If only I can convince my wife.
Old Aug 7, 2001, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Very tempting way to start the new year with a quick start to boost STAR Q-miles. But I can only get LAX routing on return on the 12th, non-stop HKG going out on 2nd. But fare comes out at US$595 for about 18K, and half-way point to AC's Elite [STAR Gold/PemEx] status.

Does this fare permit a stop-over in HKG?
Old Aug 8, 2001, 1:08 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Shareholder:
Very tempting way to start the new year with a quick start to boost STAR Q-miles. But I can only get LAX routing on return on the 12th, non-stop HKG going out on 2nd. But fare comes out at US$595 for about 18K, and half-way point to AC's Elite [STAR Gold/PemEx] status.

Does this fare permit a stop-over in HKG?
</font>
Shareholder:

Good question - I'll have to look into the fare rules more. Are you flying from YYZ? Your fare is extraordinarily low - how did you do it?

*HighFlyah*

------------------
Old Aug 8, 2001, 1:10 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by PremEx2000:
I might have to join you to get a quick 20,000 miles in January. If only I can convince my wife.</font>
Hey PremEx2000,

Good to hear from you again. Yep, I've already booked flights leaving ORD on Jan 11 and returning Jan 13. Just in time for resumption of law school As always, NC requests for the international segments LAX-NRT-SIN-NRT-LAX are waitlisted.

*HighFlyah*

------------------
Old Aug 8, 2001, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The fare jumps by more than C$600 ex-YYZ, so I would use an AC/UA award into ORD, then pick up the balance of the UA paid trip. From the UA forum, it appears stop-over is not permitted in HKG on this fare. Also appears to be only available on the web, though some are posting it is available through TAs. Realize my stay is longer than what would qualify for a Mileage Run, but a warm vacation is a must when one lives in the north.
Old Aug 10, 2001, 9:30 am
Original Member

FYI: similar fares available from E Coast markets. $660ish from NYC / BOS.
Old Aug 11, 2001, 11:44 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
May be doing some runs too. I hope to be comped to PremEx soon (I am US Gold) & with double miles, makes a nice run. Would love to join other FTers on the runs. Schedule is packed with other mileage runs for the next few months. Maybe in Dec. or Jan. I can do a run or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.